Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

systemstatus.jpg
iMessage and FaceTime are both offline for "some users", according to Apple's iCloud System Status page.

The outage began just after noon Pacific time today, and the company has not given any indication of when service will be restored. Affected users will see iMessages fail to send and FaceTime calls fail to connect.

Article Link: iMessage and FaceTime Down for Some, No Estimate on Service Restoration Yet

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Yep, almost an hour and a half now...come on Apple! or AT&T! or anybody I can blame...:p

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
No iMessage with sprint on the east coast in pa.
Tried rebooting but no go. :\

I wonder if this has anything to do with my new iPhone 4S rebooting all by itself yesterday. It was like a quick boot then apple then ready in 20 seconds. Never seen that before.
Maybe the gov made apple put sw on our phones so to snoop. ? That required a reboot to install.

Last edited:

MiWall81

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2011
Switched off iMessages awhile ago today. I'm in Phoenix AZ. The Internet is definitely having issues everywhere around here as well.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Ah, that explains it. I was just trying to figure out why my iPhone was stuck in "waiting for activation" when I tried to turn iMessage off and on again.

gothamguy

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Yep, almost an hour and a half now...come on Apple! or AT&T! or anybody I can blame...:p

I'm on AT&T and have no issue, although a friend on Verizon does. So, for once, it seems like AT&T is not to blame.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Got a FaceTime multi-hour call going between Canada and Singapore right now. Working great, no problems. Maybe it's just the initial sign-in process that's broken, but established connnections aren't affected.

----------

People still use FaceTime ?

The video and audio quality, and connection handling is better than Skype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.