Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
I think mine is back up in NYC.

Edit: Yes mine seems to be working now. Hopefully its fixed.

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
Its not 100% though, because messages take a while to say "delivered" to certain people. Not sure...

Design787

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
iMessage and Facetime are back online, as found on the iCloud website

I do not know the exact time when the connection was re-established

AznTakumi

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
Why does it mean down for some? Lol I was on 6.1.2 and jailbroken so I assume iMessage being down only affected those who were still on 6.1.2. Was anyone on 6.1.2 not affected or someone on 6.1.3 who was effected.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why does it mean down for some? Lol I was on 6.1.2 and jailbroken so I assume iMessage being down only affected those who were still on 6.1.2. Was anyone on 6.1.2 not affected or someone on 6.1.3 who was effected.

They probably had some network outages. Messages and connections are handled by "farms" of servers, and most likely only part of that farm was affected. Many factors determine how the farm is distributed across the user load, so outages will undoubtably affect some users, but not all.

----------

It's is uncalled for

Huh? How much did you pay for iCloud this month?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I'm glad it was up. I had to resort to antiquated SMS. I felt like an oldtimer, using SMS. Just kidding! I hate the green text bubbles.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I didn't realize it was down until I got 52 new messages all at once last night. I'm surprised they just "waited" instead of becoming SMS.

I don't like that I could miss and important message in an event like this.

92jlee

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Is there any way to stop pictures (mms) but still send them through iMessage? This happened yesterday and I didn't realise as I've only had the phone for a week! So I sent a few pictures and probably going to be charged.. I want to prevent this in the future but the disable mms button stops pictures through iMessage too.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
It makes the "attach picture" button greyed out on mine. I'm stock latest update.

Ill try again and make sure my friend is defo on iMessage with signal and see what it does.

Strange. I even rebooted my test iPhone 5 after toggling in case that was a factor - perhaps you could try that too.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
Glad it isn't just me, lol. I've been out of the country visiting Cananda and noticed that iMessage hasn't been working for the last 48 hours. Any idea if AT&T will reimburse me for all these SMS? It's still down for me FYI. "Waiting for Activation"

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I was wondering why my messages were not going through. The last time they were having all of the issues they were doing updates at the data center. Maybe there will be an iCloud update at WWDC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.