Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
Just thought I would add my usage to the thread. I use my ipad for reading, safari, videos, draw something, words with friends, word press and YouTube. I get amazing battery life out of it. It blows my mind. This image is with no plug in between charges either as you can see. Amazed with my mini.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 278

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
Just thought I would add my usage to the thread. I use my ipad for reading, safari, videos, draw something, words with friends, word press and YouTube. I get amazing battery life out of it. It blows my mind. This image is with no plug in between charges either as you can see. Amazed with my mini.

You are obviously playing music while the screen is turned off, which counts as "usage time" even though its really not. So the 23 hours of battery life is false. I'd probably guess 15 hours of the 23 is playing music, with the other 8 actually being real usage.

lilatheflirt

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
I get about 10 hours of usage. That's using the internet, playing games, watching videos or reading a book. I don't normally listen to music on my mini.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
You are obviously playing music while the screen is turned off, which counts as "usage time" even though its really not. So the 23 hours of battery life is false. I'd probably guess 15 hours of the 23 is playing music, with the other 8 actually being real usage.

This is actually with no music usage. I read, watch YouTube, stream shows, play words with friends, draw something etc. I don't listen to music on my ipad. That's what I use my iPhone for. Here is today's usage statistics so far... Just letting you know that this is actual screen time.

However just to add that I usually use my ipad in the evening in low light situations so my brightness is usually either lowest possible to 25%. This could contribute to my high battery life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 185

sparky1499

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
Glasgow, UK
This is actually with no music usage. I read, watch YouTube, stream shows, play words with friends, draw something etc. I don't listen to music on my ipad. That's what I use my iPhone for. Here is today's usage statistics so far... Just letting you know that this is actual screen time.

However just to add that I usually use my ipad in the evening in low light situations so my brightness is usually either lowest possible to 25%. This could contribute to my high battery life.

And I call BS on that too. It's just not possible.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i can squeeze about 4 days out of my iPad 3 (5 days if i go out on thursday thus i'm not using it that night)

my girlfriend can take her iPad Mini to nearly 1 1/2 weeks in between charges. the iPad Mini's battery life is unbelievably impressive

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The mini is very efficient with battery run times. It's nearly as good as my Nexus 7. The difference is only about 70 minutes less on average.

When you're getting great battery life it hardly matters.

Yet I must say the most amazing of all is my iPad 4. It routinely outlasts the mini and my Nexus 10.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
The mini is very efficient with battery run times. It's nearly as good as my Nexus 7. The difference is only about 70 minutes less on average.

When you're getting great battery life it hardly matters.

Yet I must say the most amazing of all is my iPad 4. It routinely outlasts the mini and my Nexus 10.

Did I read that right? Your Mini doesn't last as long as your Nexus 7?

For me it is completly opposite, I almost forget to charge my Mini as I never seem to need to...but with my Nexus 7 I have to charge it everyday and I'm lucky to get 6 hours out of it with only about 4 hours max of "screen on time!"

JobSteves

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
I watched a movie last night and played dungeon hunter for about an hour this morning and have used 7 hours 36 minutes since my last charge and it still at 35%.

The ipad mini gets great battery.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Here's mine from last night. Heavy browsing, Youtubing, imessaging, apps and Spotify. I barely put it down all day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 198

TheEvox

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
After reading all of these post,I do really think I need to send my mini back to apple.I only managed to get 7-8 hours of battery life on it!.
Charge it up to 90-100%...
Around 1-1.5 hours of gaming(real racing 3,airport tycoon,and bingo if tht helps to know the usage)
Then around 5-7 hours on the net(facebook,blogging,mail,bit of youtube)
Thats when Im using wifi at my office.
If im on a trip(recently) barely pushing around 6-7 hours of surfing(on LTE of course).
I never juiced like the claimed 10 hours of life yet.Using it for nearly 6 month.
I always charge it in the morning for 2-3 hours before off to work.Im not even charge it overnight,yet!
Anybody experienced it with your mini?My 4th gen ipad will easily clocked 12-16 hours before with the same regime.

:apple:32gb ipad mini LTE+smart cover all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.