Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
its a "name" they can call it what ever they want.
the question OP is asking is NOT about the naming part of the UI. is how the UI will be like in the future.

but i hope the UI will be leaner uses less resources, user friendly, increase productivity. it even if this version UI is called " your mom's house" i would still buy it. lol

Yeah, I kind of alluded to the naming aspect, but I was focused on the future of Mac OS X. Any specifics as to how you think Apple can improve the UI? I'm just curious.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, I kind of alluded to the naming aspect, but I was focused on the future of Mac OS X. Any specifics as to how you think Apple can improve the UI? I'm just curious.

lol i'm glad we understood each other hahaha

dbroncos78087

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2013
Northern Virginia
I would go out on the world's smallest limb and say it depends on whether they do tweaks or a full blown upgrade. They won't let 10.10 or 11 throw them off of making the OS they should make.

meme1255

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2012
Czechia
303313_10150831688728601_1851009177_n.jpg

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
Any specifics as to how you think Apple can improve the UI? I'm just curious.
Here's a big one: allow any resizeable windows of an application to merge together into tabs. Make those tabs part of the title bar (like in Google Chrome) or an extension that can't conflict with any custom design. That would be revolutionary, since so far, it depended on each application to merge windows together into tabs.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Here's a big one: allow any resizeable windows of an application to merge together into tabs. Make those tabs part of the title bar (like in Google Chrome) or an extension that can't conflict with any custom design. That would be revolutionary, since so far, it depended on each application to merge windows together into tabs.

That sounds amazing! Does this exist in another OS elsewhere, or did you come up with the idea yourself?

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
That sounds amazing! Does this exist in another OS elsewhere, or did you come up with the idea yourself?
It's possible someone implemented it in some free desktop environment, but I don't know. I just saw some applications use it, and thought it would be useful to generalize. Anyway, it may appear "bloated" to Apple's point of view, if combined with some applications which already have implemented their own tabbing, such as Chrome or Terminal.

Marv89

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
Three pages full of assumptions about what the next version will be called ? Seriously ? :confused:

Let's just agree that nobody has an idea, and we will know it when we have to know it

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I am wondering why :apple: has not released their DP of 10.9. Are they waiting for WWDC? Or polishing?

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I am wondering why :apple: has not released their DP of 10.9. Are they waiting for WWDC? Or polishing?
I hope they don't until they have ML up and running like it should be from the beginning (or at least after 10.8.3). I really don't understand the rush.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.