Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Scored a iPad 4 16GB with Verizon on craigslist last night for $400. Checked the serial number out in advance. met the guy at Starbucks to test everything. Had the box and charger and cable...... I am so stoked!
The refurbs sell for $579 and new ones for $629.
The thing is perfect too!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Scored a iPad 4 16GB with Verizon on craigslist last night for $400. Checked the serial number out in advance. met the guy at Starbucks to test everything. Had the box and charger and cable...... I am so stoked!

Whilst I don't want to p*ss on your bonfire, but checking out a serial number with Apple doesn't prove that it's not nicked.

Just saying...

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Whilst I don't want to p*ss on your bonfire, but checking out a serial number with Apple doesn't prove that it's not nicked.

Just saying...

true...but it can tell me about warranty and when it runs out.....giving me an idea of when it was purchased. Seller said he only had it for 6 weeks and he was telling the truth.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
true...but it can tell me about warranty and when it runs out.....giving me an idea of when it was purchased. Seller said he only had it for 6 weeks and he was telling the truth.

True but it doesn't say anything about water damage and stuff like that. Not saying yours is but you never know, you know?

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
True but it doesn't say anything about water damage and stuff like that. Not saying yours is but you never know, you know?

I got my 4S for dirt cheap last year from a guy really needing to sell it for rent money. He got it as a gift for Christmas, and by the end of February, he needed cash. I was happy to oblige. I brought my roommate who was studying to be a psychologist (now in grad school) to help me with checking it all out and him as well. I did the same thing with checking warranty info online, brought a small light to check the water damage, and the like, and it was a pristine 4S for only $325. I made it out. I'm glad you got a great deal too...

srsub3

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2013
NYC
On craiglist you can get very good deals... I got a iPhone 4 16 gb for 100$ last month... worried about being stolen, but I got box and IMEI was clean.... so enjoy!

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I got my 4S for dirt cheap last year from a guy really needing to sell it for rent money. He got it as a gift for Christmas, and by the end of February, he needed cash. I was happy to oblige. I brought my roommate who was studying to be a psychologist (now in grad school) to help me with checking it all out and him as well. I did the same thing with checking warranty info online, brought a small light to check the water damage, and the like, and it was a pristine 4S for only $325. I made it out. I'm glad you got a great deal too...

I'm not saying Craigslist is bad. I just got my iPad 4 16GB for $380. Brand new condition.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Quite right...that why you have to check them out in person. Checking serial numbers for warranty is just part of the process.......

Mendozart

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
When I was shopping for an ipad on CL, I google searched for buying tips. I can't remember where I found it, but there was a list of things to do on how to make sure everything works. I wrote the steps down, and when I bought mine, it helped immensely. BTW, I scored a pristine ipad2 64gb for $320.;)

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Good find on CL.
Not to rain on the parade, I did get one ipad 3 16gb At&t, with bluetooth keyboard, magic cover and smart case and cover all in boxes for $400, on Ebay.
Make sure you get the serial number and check with apple support, you will not go wrong.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
I got a 3G ipad 2 16 GB a week ago, kijiji in Canada and 2 days later,home button went bust.I had checked it before buying to see it was in warranty and it had 3 weeks left.

Yesterday walked in apple store and came home with a shiny iPad 2 3G :cool::cool:

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I got a 3G ipad 2 16 GB a week ago, kijiji in Canada and 2 days later,home button went bust.I had checked it before buying to see it was in warranty and it had 3 weeks left.

Yesterday walked in apple store and came home with a shiny iPad 2 3G :cool::cool:
it is time to use the home button that will avoid hitting
the physical button, this way you ipad will not be having same problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBfaS5ft2E&NR=1&feature=fvwp

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
I scored a white Verizon ipad mini for $250 on Craigslist. As I mentioned on the Last Purchased thread, I'm not a fan of the non retina screen but it was too good of a deal to pass up!

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Sounds like a great deal, congrats! Good job meeting at a neutral site and asking lots of questions. Seems legit to me!

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
so everyone here who complains about craigslist lowballers goes on craigslist and lowballs? lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.