Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
Okay, here we go: I have a jailbroken 4S running iOS 6.1.2. I have already uninstalled all Cydia tweaks and apps, and, for good measure, installed and ran iLEX RAT.

By the way, Gridlock 2 was the only Cydia app still present and active even after using iLEX RAT.

Needless to say, the above procedures did not work to my satisfaction. Stock apps, e.g., Stocks, Weather, Passport, which I had hidden using Springtomize2, remain hidden and inaccessible.

I have read and searched the Step-bystep Guide to Restore iPhone thread and found nothing relevant.

So here's the question: how can I restore as new without upgrading to 6.1.3 and risk losing my jailbreak?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Okay, here we go: I have a jailbroken 4S running iOS 6.1.2. I have already uninstalled all Cydia tweaks and apps, and, for good measure, installed and ran iLEX RAT.

By the way, Gridlock 2 was the only Cydia app still present and active even after using iLEX RAT.

Needless to say, the above procedures did not work to my satisfaction. Stock apps, e.g., Stocks, Weather, Passport, which I had hidden using Springtomize2, remain hidden and inaccessible.

I have read and searched the Step-bystep Guide to Restore iPhone thread and found nothing relevant.

So here's the question: how can I restore as new without upgrading to 6.1.3 and risk losing my jailbreak?

You can't

what you can try is go to settings/general/reset/ select reset home screen layout, that should get all your stock icons back

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington

I just ran ilex rat and I somewhat had the same problem. Gridlock didn't uninstall. Not sure why that is.

As far as restoring without updating, not possible.

What problem are you having?

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
I am also having an issue that seems to be unresolved. I at about two-three times a day randomly lose signal and go to no service for few seconds. I tried iLEX rat, I tried resetting my network settings, I tried turning on and off airplane mode. I tried booting up my while holding the volume up button down and so the everything is disabled my phone seems stable on signal wise. It must be something with this jailbreak and I can't pin point what it is. If anyone has a suggestion that would help me out I would highly appreciate it.

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
So here's a little update now I guess even when my phone is in safe mode with all the tweaks and everything else disabled I am still losing service. I don't know what to do try to restore as new phone and see if this continues and hope to get a replacement with 6.1.2 or just wait it out until I am able to downgrade or if there's a new jailbreak

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
So here's a little update now I guess even when my phone is in safe mode with all the tweaks and everything else disabled I am still losing service. I don't know what to do try to restore as new phone and see if this continues and hope to get a replacement with 6.1.2 or just wait it out until I am able to downgrade or if there's a new jailbreak

Maybe there is something wrong with the tower you are connecting to.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
You can't

what you can try is go to settings/general/reset/ select reset home screen layout, that should get all your stock icons back

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it. All it did was add another homescreen and moved a few of the already visible icons around.

I known I should NOT use Erase All Content and Settings. But what if I clicked the top choice of Reset All Settings instead?

ja2ed

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
Maybe there is something wrong with the tower you are connecting to.

This issue just started about maybe a week ago or so. I have had this iPhone 5 ever since release date. From what I googled and found this issue was well known and some had said this is a hardware issue because it was before the jailbreak. I am wondering if that's the case I don't know what to do nonetheless

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it. All it did was add another homescreen and moved a few of the already visible icons around.

I known I should NOT use Erase All Content and Settings. But what if I clicked the top choice of Reset All Settings instead?

If you hit reset home screen layout, you should get 2 option, use the default option.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
Reinstall Springtomize 2 and unhide the stock apps.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried it. It did nothing. I also tried Reset All Settings, but all that did was erase my WiFi settings.

And the search goes on...

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Post deleted by moderator

DO NOT do this.
This will force you to restore your device, which would mean you would be forced to update to 6.1.3.

As of now, you cannot downgrade to 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4S.

Last edited by a moderator:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Post deleted by moderator

Bad advise.
Don't ever ever do this on a jb device.
And you cannot restore back to 6.1.2 on a 4S even if you have full shsh blobs.
People not knowledgable enough should avoid giving advice.

To the op the correct answer is you cannot.
Only thing you can do if you don't want to go up to 6.1.3 is delete all your stuff manually in order to stay jb.

Last edited by a moderator:

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
Here's a thought: what would happen (if anything) if I tried to re-jailbreak my phone with the latest version of evasion? Or should I simply resign myself to the fact that these icons aren't coming back?

I'd really like to get back into Flex, but the reinstall/remove respring/reboot rinse/repeat dance is getting a little old.

----------

Only thing you can do if you don't want to go up to 6.1.3 is delete all your stuff manually in order to stay jb.

Been there, done that. Thanks for your help anyways.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
This is just a shot in the dark but have you tried something like iCleaner? Maybe a fresh clean might help.

Hope something good comes of this! :eek:

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
This is just a shot in the dark but have you tried something like iCleaner? Maybe a fresh clean might help.

Hope something good comes of this! :eek:

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I have tried both iCleaner and iCleanerPro to no avail.

Maybe there's an industrial-strength iPhone cleaner out there I'm not aware of, like iLEX (which does not work).

Keep those cards and letters coming, kids!

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
In the SBSettings menu is there an option to unhide those missing apps?

Maybe that'll help.

(If it was already suggested I'm sorry I don't have much time to read the entire thread).

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
In the SBSettings menu is there an option to unhide those missing apps?

Maybe that'll help.

(If it was already suggested I'm sorry I don't have much time to read the entire thread).

Mmmmmm. Now there's a thought. However, I have never installed SBSettings. But it sounds good. I will try it and see. Thanks for your help!

GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR!!!

I installed SBSettings and found that the icons for the stock apps were indeed turned off! How it happened that I have never used SBSettings is one of life's great mysteries!

Thank you and here's an upvote for you!

Last edited:

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Mmmmmm. Now there's a thought. However, I have never installed SBSettings. But it sounds good. I will try it and see. Thanks for your help!

GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR!!!

I installed SBSettings and found that the icons for the stock apps were indeed turned off! How it happened that I have never used SBSettings is one of life's great mysteries!

Thank you and here's an upvote for you!

Nice! I'm sure SB accesses the method tweaks use to hide apps. SB just has an easier way of turning them back on. Glad you didn't update.

Feel free to sing praises of my excellence in your signature as payment ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.