Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Real Racing 3 received its first major update today, adding two new cars from Chevrolet, including the Cobalt SS and the Camaro ZL1. Players will also find 100 new events, along with a new event type called Hunter Chase.

In Hunter Chase, the idea is to chase down a target car and overtake it within a single lap. With the additional events, Real Racing 3 now offers players more than 1,000 total events.

realracing3.jpg
Most importantly, this update brings Cloud Save functionality, allowing players the option to transfer save data between multiple devices, a feature that was noticeably missing at release. There are a few other minor additions to the game, like new social features, an improved tutorial, and performance optimizations.
-New manufacturer - Chevrolet! The Cobalt SS and the Camaro ZL1 join the lineup
-New event type - Hunter! Chase down the hunted car and overtake within one lap
-100+ new events! Total number of events now exceeds 1,000!
-Cloud Save functionality! Transfer your save data between devices
-New social features! See who is online and compare how your friends are doing with the statistics leaderboard
-Check your TSM mailbox for the latest friend notifications
-Improved tutorial and main menu
-Numerous additional improvements, fixes, and performance optimizations
Despite a controversial release due to its freemium gameplay, Real Racing 3 has proven to be a popular title. It is still ranked as the number one racing game in the App Store and remains in the top 20 free games list.

Real Racing 3 is currently available in the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Real Racing 3 Updated to Add Chevrolet Cars, New Events, and Cloud Save Functionality

elpardo

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
I don't get how you can complain about the in app advertising. Apart from I don't find it's that intrusive. The game is free if I have to put up with a few adverts for a console quality game for free

dazzer21

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
I play it when I have the odd few minutes to spare. I'm still fairly low down the ranks but it's just the technical brilliance of the game that keeps me playing it - for a device like the iPad, it's killer! But I refuse to do the in-app purchase thing so as ling as I'm getting some enjoyment out of it and it's free, I'm good with it... As for the EA thing - Satan could have made it for all I care.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
Be careful if you choose to update. Those that have hacked the game and have $2+ billion dollars may lose the hacking feature cause of the update. Is a new car and a few little extras worth playing for hours just to buy a car that cost $350,000? It's not worth it. :D

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I don't get how you can complain about the in app advertising. Apart from I don't find it's that intrusive. The game is free if I have to put up with a few adverts for a console quality game for free

You appear to have missed the entire reason for complaining. They're not whining about apps. They're wining about ridiculous amounts of micro transactions in app for a "free" game.

Simmias

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
So is the "Cloud Save" functionality using iCloud or not?

I'm having trouble understanding why more game developers don't offer saving to iCloud. By all accounts, Key Value Storage in iCloud works fine, so I'm not sure why this hasn't become standard like Game Center integration. Games are usually large apps, so I would love to be able to delete them as needed to free up space without fear of losing my saved data.

Last edited:

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
So is the "Cloud Save" functionality using iCloud or not?

I'm having trouble understanding why more game developers don't offer saving to iCloud. By all accounts, Key Value Storage in iCloud works fine, so I'm not sure why this hasn't become standard like Game Center integration. Games are usually large apps, so I would love to be able to delete them as needed to free up space without fear of losing my saved data.

i believe not, as iCloud is owned by apple and they're using their own servers.

I'm guessing a developer has to have like a server to have cloud backups.
I may be wrong, so someone please correct me.

iDrinkKoolAid

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
Be careful if you choose to update. Those that have hacked the game and have $2+ billion dollars may lose the hacking feature cause of the update. Is a new car and a few little extras worth playing for hours just to buy a car that cost $350,000? It's not worth it. :D

after i learned about the hack above, i feel like such a fool grinding to buy my porsche 911 gt3 rs. can anyone confirm that the 1.1.0 update to real racing 3 disables the hack?

Last edited:

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
More patch notes advertising?
It's hard to call this a rumour at all. Seriously this sites standards in article choice and writing are going down. Even the bad rumour articles are nice to read mostly. But this patch note advertising? Just disappointing really.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
after i learned about the hack above, i feel like such a fool grinding to buy my porsche 911 gt3 rs. can anyone confirm that the 1.1.0 update to real racing 3 disables the hack?

If you want about 2,146,481,887 in coins $2,146,483,647 in R$ go to this link on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-z4QqLrVY

file link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x5vsycuy5ipdrsw

His accent is a little strong but it works. Even though he says you need to jailbreak your phone, if you use iExplorer and drag and drop it works.

Good luck!!!

it may disable the feature as it has done so in the past with similar type games. i wouldn't try it if i were you.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
after reinstalling the game I have lost 2 x 19.99, and 1x 9.99, apple says contact the company, but I can find any way of contacting them :mad:, Apple took my money but when there is an issue, they send you somewhere else!!!!
It should be like repurchasing the apps.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Get rid of the Freemium nonsense and I'm all in again (loved part two). Oh wait, still need my iPad 5 first :D

ImanIphone

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2009
MD
I can't stand the freemium concept either, but I must say, I've logged a few hrs into this game and haven't spend one cent on it. If you have the patience to "service" you car and wait for your upgrades to get "installed" you will enjoy this. You basically play in small doses, so to speak, if you have the patience; and once you start getting more cars you can play for longer periods, if that's your thing. Highly recommend it as it's very addicting and the graphics are a thing of beauty.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
This game is freemium.

But it totally doesn't make you pay for anything. That's your own choice.

Also, the game is crash galore atm.

iDrinkKoolAid

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
I can't stand the freemium concept either, but I must say, I've logged a few hrs into this game and haven't spend one cent on it. If you have the patience to "service" you car and wait for your upgrades to get "installed" you will enjoy this. You basically play in small doses, so to speak, if you have the patience; and once you start getting more cars you can play for longer periods, if that's your thing. Highly recommend it as it's very addicting and the graphics are a thing of beauty.

ditto that. the greed of electronic arts is puke-worthy. i made it a personal mission to not pay a penny to play real racing 3, yet now own thirteen cars including a mclaren mp4-12c and porsche 918 rsr concept (i signed up for a free lovefilm trial to receive 180 gold coins). the key for me has been to buy a few cars in each series so that while one car is getting serviced i have another to race with. if you get first place in the cup races with twenty-odd cars the prize money is quite substantial (i.e. more than 10,000 real-racing bucks). these types of winnings can be used to buy more cars.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
ditto that. the greed of electronic arts is puke-worthy. i made it a personal mission to not pay a penny to play real racing 3, yet now own thirteen cars including a mclaren mp4-12c and porsche 918 rsr concept (i signed up for a free lovefilm trial to receive 180 gold coins). the key for me has been to buy a few cars in each series so that while one car is getting serviced i have another to race with. if you get first place in the cup races with twenty-odd cars the prize money is quite substantial (i.e. more than 10,000 real-racing bucks). these types of winnings can be used to buy more cars.
I'm doing similar. If you think of that as "part of the game" (well, it is) it just adds another level of challenge.

Michael

agenda893

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2004

I ran the update and still have all of my cars, money and gold coins. Nothing to worry about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.