Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeBlow74

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
i think i'd seen a translation of at least one of the maps on a news website, it's something along the lines of plan to attack the us mainland, can't find the exact translation now and can't read korean to confirm, but that's what i remember seeing.

lol!!

Blue604

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012
I have a feeling Kim is a regular on this forum. :)

He is probably thinking about getting the new 2013 imac 27" :apple:

Georgio

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Essex, UK
Those aren't secret military plans on the wall, they're his holiday plans; Hawaii, San Francisco & Washington... :D

JimMacFan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Yum!

Attachments

• 536995_335413419913783_1771422029_n.jpg
    536995_335413419913783_1771422029_n.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 322

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I have a game we can all play. The game is called, can anybody read the war room map and what their war plans are? Can anybody read Korean and translate that map? Or does this map have any important secret information on it?
It is media bollocks. One of the pictures have a map with lines drawn towards a few US cities - Intercontinental missiles does not fly in a straight line like that. And in the case of NK, they would probably fly over the arctic.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Well aren't you a smartass? :p
Well, sometimes people just take NKs technological level for granted, expecting them to be attacking with sling shots or something equivalent to that. Any war between NK and SK will result in severe destruction and millions of death in SK, even though NKs military is 20-40 years old technologically.

So jokes like that might be fun, but currently it is still a pretty darn scary situation over there.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Well, sometimes people just take NKs technological level for granted, expecting them to be attacking with sling shots or something equivalent to that. Any war between NK and SK will result in severe destruction and millions of death in SK, even though NKs military is 20-40 years old technologically.

So jokes like that might be fun, but currently it is still a pretty darn scary situation over there.

Of course, it's just that, as you correctly point out, North Korea's technology is very far behind. While I'm sure they can actually cause a lot of damage still (although if they do, they'll be wiped out themselves very quickly) the fact is it's more fun to make exaggerated jokes about their technology than it is to panic :p

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Of course, it's just that, as you correctly point out, North Korea's technology is very far behind. While I'm sure they can actually cause a lot of damage still (although if they do, they'll be wiped out themselves very quickly) the fact is it's more fun to make exaggerated jokes about their technology than it is to panic :p

They are far behind, but if you look at this history of the Korean war, it was the opposite. North Korea was far advanced in technology over South Korea.
Though the South had help from some of the finest in the world.

That being said, South Korea and their allies will follow a fairly strict code of war. Abide by the Geneva convention, and try to strike precise targets.

North Korea will shot at anything that moves, anything that doesn't move and anything that's surrendering. I am sure they will be using extreme torturing techniques.

We can only hope that North Korea will have a lot of defectors and only want asylum and food.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
You are all forgetting though that the person actually in charge of DPRK isnt Kim Jong-Un

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.