Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nas2344

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
CT
I've had my original 5 for 3 months but I dropped it and then it started having screen troubles so I got it replaced

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
November 2012. Replaced March 2013 for a power button problem. Everything else perfect on both.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
White iphone 5 32gb Verizon bought on launch day Sept. 21, 2012. Still have it, no case, but skinomi full body clear skin installed. No problems. Sent from my iPad

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
i've had mine since launch, then 2 weeks ago, i got a replacement since the camera lens started to fill with dust and lint. Then, my replacement i just got started having rattling issues, and it's not the camera lens - when you pick up the phone or just tilt it gently, you hear something loose rolling around in the phone... pbly gonna get another replacement.. unacceptable QC, oh well, the customer service is great..

dieselboy27

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2008
Power button failure, battery life issues, GPS/cellular connectivity problems. The launch devices were pretty bad. Replacement seems good though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
I've had mine since launch day and not a single problem. I only dislike the black coating on the aluminum, I haven't dropped it once but simple things (who knows what) have caused the silver to become exposed. And anytime my phone crashes it is just jailbreak related, which I understand.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Had mine since launch day and zero problems - its been a great phone. My wife as well got hers on launch day and she too has had no problems. :D

SprSynJn

Sep 15, 2011
Japan
Have had mine since the end of December. Had a problem with it getting stuck on No Service after switching back and forth between 3G and LTE. Battery life was also abysmal. A quick "restore as a new iPhone" procedure cleared up both issues, for the most part. Otherwise, I'm loving this thing.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
had 3 months white iphone5, used with belkin case and didnt see light leakage defect, not so long time ago saw it, went to apple store. Got replacement, but had problems with network, always showed "No service", went again to apple store, got again replacement and now i have perfect iphone- no light leakage, no issues with network also new by manufactoring date :) 2013 april

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Had it since a week after launch...works perfectly and pristine, out-of-the-box appearance. I use it naked, but keep it in a Sena Ultra Slim case for carrying.

I am very pleased with it...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sprint, iPhone 5, 64GB black. Preordered and got it on launch day (Sept. 21, 2012). Dropped only once, but had a microphone issue before the drop. Got it replaced some time in November/December. The replacement has been rock solid with no issues.

It's now doing the scratch/scuff/nick thing, but I'm actually liking the character it imparts. Nothing really noticeable yet and I do have a black matte paint pen for any issues I can't live with.

Have not dropped this one yet, but been close a few times! :eek:

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I've had mine since launch and no issues. I've dropped it like on the carpet in my room and inside the car a few times. It's still in great condition. My sister on the other hand :| it's been abused

joethedairyguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Bought mine dec.31 2012 n today apple store replaced mine because of the on/off button not working.....

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I got one on launch day, had ghost armor on it and the Glas tR on it and I dropped mine in gasoline about two weeks ago, had to get a new one. Both phones are great, no issues. I work in the petroleum industry in case you are wondering why I dropped mine in gas. However I think the camera in this new phone is better than the other, there is no corner distortion at all. Can't remember if the other one had corner distortion, but overall I feel this one is better. The iPhone 5 is superb. Love it!

T

toille4

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Since late November. In March pictures started to show dark spots on them: dust. Took it to the Apple store and they replaced it. New one is prefect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.