Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today added the fifth generation iPod touch to the refurbished section of its online store, approximately six months after the device was first released.

A refurbished version of 16GB fourth generation iPod touch, which was released alongside the current iPod touch, is also being offered. The fourth generation iPod touch was originally released in 2010 with storage options of 8/32/64GB but was later updated to feature 16and 32GB of storage.

ipodtouch.jpg

The 32GB fifth generation iPod touch is available in a range of colors for $249, a 16 percent discount off of the regular $299 price. The 64GB version is priced at $349, a $50 discount from the standard $399 price.

The 16GB fourth generation iPod touch is available in both black and white and is priced at $169, a $30 discount from the $199 price.

Apple's refurbished units come equipped with the same one-year warranty that standard products offer and have been thoroughly tested for reliability. The iPod touches can be purchased directly from the website.

Article Link: Apple Online Store Now Offering Refurbished 5th Generation iPod Touch

Last edited:

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Apple has been quiet this year. Maybe something good will come out like a watch that tells you the time in Siri's voice and new iPod Touches with brand new colors loaded with iOS 7.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
It's not MR's fault if there isn't news in the Apple world. Should they make up more exciting things instead?

It's called "MacRumors" break out your Enquirer and Pixelmator and random headline generator and crank out those rumors.

Is Tim Cook related to Captain Hook?
What kind of Knight's armor is Johnny Ives making?
How does Lucas selling to Disney affect Steve's (rip) ownership?
What kind of engines will the Apple UFO have?
Are ALIENS helping Apple get ahead?
Is Apple secretly using TIME TRAVEL To beat the competition?
Is Apple going to use North Korea to nuke Samsung?
What kinds of genetic engineering experiments is Johnny Ives conducting? ... To make better USERS...

I expect to see RUMORS... Surely you can dig through the trash at the Enquirer or the Onion for news they were too snooty to print!!!

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
Just to get this straight, the iPod Touch 4G is only an A4 chip (iphone 4) so it is probably going to get nicked for iOS 7?

The iPod touch 5G is A5 based (like iphone 4S) and "extended" (like iPhone 5) so it should have at least an update to iOS 7.

I suppose if this is Apple's meh year, maybe the product cycle will last longer? Especially if the go to A6b from TSCM versus Samsung without A7 this fall. Apple seems to skip a year on the Touch so it would seem like a good value.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Just to get this straight, the iPod Touch 4G is only an A4 chip (iphone 4) so it is probably going to get nicked for iOS 7?

The iPod touch 5G is A5 based (like iphone 4S) and "extended" (like iPhone 5) so it should have at least an update to iOS 7.

I suppose if this is Apple's meh year, maybe the product cycle will last longer? Especially if the go to A6b from TSCM versus Samsung without A7 this fall. Apple seems to skip a year on the Touch so it would seem like a good value.

This fall, the 16G A4 will probably be updated to the current A5 design. It's also doubtful that they will do more then a minor update this year on the current 32G/64G IPT5. These refurbs are a great deal if you want either a 32G or 64G IPT5. Otherwise, you can probably get a 16GB A5 IPT5 this fall for even less money.

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Apple has been quiet this year. Maybe something good will come out like a watch that tells you the time in Siri's voice and new iPod Touches with brand new colors loaded with iOS 7.

As long as my Siri can be in a french accent, sign me up!

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
It's called "MacRumors" break out your Enquirer and Pixelmator and random headline generator and crank out those rumors.

Is Tim Cook related to Captain Hook?
What kind of Knight's armor is Johnny Ives making?
How does Lucas selling to Disney affect Steve's (rip) ownership?
What kind of engines will the Apple UFO have?
Are ALIENS helping Apple get ahead?
Is Apple secretly using TIME TRAVEL To beat the competition?
Is Apple going to use North Korea to nuke Samsung?
What kinds of genetic engineering experiments is Johnny Ives conducting? ... To make better USERS...

I expect to see RUMORS... Surely you can dig through the trash at the Enquirer or the Onion for news they were too snooty to print!!!

Exactly, I'd rather read hilarious entertaining fake stories, than boring updates on real events.

They should rename the website to MacNews. Not MacRumors. Is Arn even alive anymore?

macman34

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
That's like, um, page 3 stuff? :cool:

----------

it's apple related so it's still 'news'. .granted not the best or interesting but Apple regardless

Well as long as we don't get any dell or lenovo news in the front page, everything else will do just fine. :D

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Neat. I've been looking for a new iPod. This should be my next purchase, once I have some cash:p

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and all the local newscasts stopped their coverage of the Boston Marathon terrorist attack to announce the availability of refurbished iPod Touch, 5th generation. Obama announced during his press conference his daughters are buying two, with Apple care.

trigf

Suspended
Jun 16, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.