Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Hey lately it seems my wifi has been dropping. I didn't purchase anything besides the iPhone itself. Would they do a free replacement on my iPhone 5 bought on release date?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hey lately it seems my wifi has been dropping. I didn't purchase anything besides the iPhone itself. Would they do a free replacement on my iPhone 5 bought on release date?

Have you tested it on another router? It's the first thing they will do. If you can duplicate it on another router then yes they'll swap it without an issue.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Have you tested it on another router? It's the first thing they will do. If you can duplicate it on another router then yes they'll swap it without an issue.

I have, but it only has the problem when around more than one router.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I have, but it only has the problem when around more than one router.

Well, your phone is under warranty until twelve months after purchase, so that's not an issue. They will generally want to duplicate the issue though. It can be hit or miss. I've read of people being rejected when an issue couldn't be duplicated and I've read the opposite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.