Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomisenbarger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I "Reset Safari" by checking all the checkboxes and I still have the problem. Other pages' links work (e.g., Wikipedia). I assumed it was a local problem, but I cannot tell how to fix it.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I "Reset Safari" by checking all the checkboxes and I still have the problem. Other pages' links work (e.g., Wikipedia). I assumed it was a local problem, but I cannot tell how to fix it.
Have you tried restarting your Mac? Have you tried another browser?

tomisenbarger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
This is strange. On "www.apple.com", the large clickable iPhone 5 and iPad links work (depends on what is there each time the page is visited), but the menu/tab bar links across the top do not (Apple, Store, Mac, iPod, etc.).

If I change my User Agent to Firefox 11 using the develop menu, all links work. They do not work when I select Default (Automatically Select).

----------

Restarting does not help the problem.

Links work when I use Firefox.

----------

If I disable JavaScript from the Develop menu, the links work. Does that provide any clues?

----------

But not all links – the "Get Started" button at http://www.apple.com/support/contact/#el does not work even with JavaScript disabled

tomisenbarger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I just discovered if I control-click a link I can open it in a new tab. But, a normal (right) click won't work on a link at apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.