Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brooklynnsmom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
OK so me and the ex got into a fight and he called and reported my iphone 5 (i was on his account) stolen and when i went and got a new sim card under my moms account it worked at first now its saying its suspened from use on the network, is there anything I can do to get it unblocked without talking to him? (fyi he already took me off his att account too )

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
OK so me and the ex got into a fight and he called and reported my iphone 5 (i was on his account) stolen and when i went and got a new sim card under my moms account it worked at first now its saying its suspened from use on the network, is there anything I can do to get it unblocked without talking to him? (fyi he already took me off his att account too )

Personally I dont think you can do anything. Probably you can go into the store and try to tell them or show them that its your phone.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
is there anything I can do to get it unblocked without talking to him? (fyi he already took me off his att account too )

Not really as he is the primary account holder. The only way to be able to use it on AT&T is to have him contact the carrier and report it found, otherwise it's going to remained blacklisted on AT&T. You could always unlock and go to T-mobile.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
you could try calling at&t and tell them what happend and see if they will unblock it, providing you prove to them who you are. but i doubt they will do that since hes the account holder. sounds like a real winner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.