Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After being delayed yesterday, Funny Or Die's Steve Jobs movie "iSteve" has now been released online. The movie stars Justin Long as Steve Jobs and Lost's Jorge Garcia as Steve Wozniak.

The film is the longest video produced by the humor site and runs nearly 80 minutes long. The script for the film was written in three days and filmed in five.

isteve_posters.jpg
The filmmakers have joked that the film may not be the best Steve Jobs movie, but that it would be the first. A Jobs film called "Jobs", starring Ashton Kutcher, is set to debut this year while Sony Pictures is making an Aaron Sorkin-written film based on the biography by Walter Isaacson.

Article Link: Funny or Die's Steve Jobs Movie 'iSteve' Now Available Online

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I haven't watched the whole thing, but I skipped around and watched a few scenes, it looks pretty bad. Can't see myself sitting through 80 minutes of that. I like Funny or Die but it looks like a miss on this one. Would have been funnier to do a really good 5 minute accelerated version.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
When casting, it’s as though these companies think “Oh, you look like a fat, hairy ’tard with glasses. Wozniak it is! Perfect.”

What a joke.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
ehh...

That's all I can say.

EDIT -
First 15 minutes are interesting. A Funny way of looking at the early years. Then they introduce bill gates in the most stupid way possible, and then there's a stupid scene of bill and steve hammering Pentium 2 boards and they talk about "programming" then melinda gates walks in... so stupid.

Last edited:

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Skipping around, it is obviously intentionally bad, but it can't even be laughably bad because it overstays its welcome. Would be better as a 5-minute short, not 79-minutes.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
When casting, it’s as though these companies think “Oh, you look like a fat, hairy ’tard with glasses. Wozniak it is! Perfect.”

What a joke.

That is the joke. It's Hurley from Lost, with the exact same haircut. Obviously intentional.

Problem is, it's not really funny.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
So far it's packed full of deliberate inaccuracies and anachronistic set pieces.

Great fake Steve Miller Band song at the end. "that russian panther is a real fine dancer"

Pretty much unwatchable.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.