Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Ok so I'm trying to erase my iPhone 5 6.1.2 JB and get it back to factory settings without updating to 6.1.3 Any way of doing so or do I just manually erase everything?

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Do a DFU restore in iTunes and select the 6.1.2 firmware.

Haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Do a DFU restore in iTunes and select the 6.1.2 firmware.

Haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

That would be nice and easy but it will not work.
Apple stopped signing firmware version 6.1.2 and iTunes will never allow the restore.
Apple came out with a thing called shsh blobs over 3 years ago in order for people not to be able to downgrade to older firmware versions.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
That would be nice and easy but it will not work.
Apple stopped signing firmware version 6.1.2 and iTunes will never allow the restore.
Apple came out with a thing called shsh blobs over 3 years ago in order for people not to be able to downgrade to older firmware versions.

I see.

I just thought because iOS 6.1.3 only just came out that they would still be signing 6.1.2 for a while.

Luciferis

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2013
yeah I just deleted it manually.... too bad we can't create custom ipsw like the good ol days =\

I have the same problem, and how did you manually delete your files? I don't know the standard list of default files.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Browsing cookies, sign out of iMessage, sign out of iTunes delete all pictures, call history... Kinda a lot lol just keep digging around and clear/delete it all

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Can't you just go into Settings > General > Reset, and reset everything? That won't update the firmware at the same time, will it?
I haven't had to fool with any of that stuff recently. I used to just make custom .ipsw's. I've been legit for a couple of years now. :D

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Can't you just go into Settings > General > Reset, and reset everything? That won't update the firmware at the same time, will it?
I haven't had to fool with any of that stuff recently. I used to just make custom .ipsw's. I've been legit for a couple of years now. :D

That's a no-no from jailbreak 101. Do not do this to a jailbroken phone, ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.