Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow to get my water damaged iPhone replaced. I called Apple to set it up and it is scheduled for 8am. My local Apple Store is in a mall that opens at 10am. I also looked up the Apple Store specific opening time and it says 10am. Is it possible to have an 8am appointment if the store (or even the mall) is not open? I am really confused about my appointment and this situation. I do have to be at work at 9:30 am and the Apple Store is in the opposite direction, that is why I asked for an appointment for first thing in the morning.

CSMchris376

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Illinois
The Apple store that I frequent has similar timings for Genius Bar appointments as well as training. They are situated in an area where there is access and while the Mall is not open, there is access to the store areas, it is just that the Apple store is open for Genius Bar and training appointments only, not retail. I suggest calling the individual store to be sure, but that is how it is in Orland Park, IL.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Call them and reschedule. Can't have an appointment when the store isn't open.

They probably are open for genius bar appointment and training (my local Apple Store in the mall is). I don't think they would let you schedule an appointment at times they don't honor.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
They probably are open for genius bar appointment and training (my local Apple Store in the mall is). I don't think they would let you schedule an appointment at times they don't honor.

Do you just go through the regular mall to enter the store'?

----------

The Apple store that I frequent has similar timings for Genius Bar appointments as well as training. They are situated in an area where there is access and while the Mall is not open, there is access to the store areas, it is just that the Apple store is open for Genius Bar and training appointments only, not retail. I suggest calling the individual store to be sure, but that is how it is in Orland Park, IL.

Do you just go through the regular mall to enter the store'?

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
My area has the same setup. The mall is open (go through the regular entrances) even though stores are closed. Apple Retail Store is open before others.

apple.com/retail will tell you the store hours

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
yea as stated, most malls are open hours before the mall or stores officially open. last time i had a 10am appointment (mall opens officially at 10, as were the apple store hours) the main mall doors were already open at 930am. most stores were occupied by staff but the gates or doors were still closed while they were setting up. the apple store was fully staffed and had customers inside, but their doors were closed and opened them as needed for customers with appointments.

you can do what you want, i couldve made my appointment earlier but had the same confusion/predicament youre having. i figured it was a mistake so i just made my appointment for 10 to avoid issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.