Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your black iPhone 5 scuffed, chipped or scratched?

• Flawless

Votes: 1,158 46.1%
  • Flawless because I put a case on it.

Votes: 198 7.9%
  • Scuffed out of the box

Votes: 820 32.7%
  • Scuffed/scratched shortly after

Votes: 334 13.3%

• Total voters

bjcskier

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2012
Got a brand new Black 32GB VZW iPhone 5 last night and it has a scratch at the bottom of the phone near the headphone port straight out of the box.

Also - the back has a few specs that are above the metal casing on the back where the anodizing process was done.

Embarrassing they still haven't figured the QC and production process out perfectly.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I've just reached the end of my contract on a 4S having previously owned (and enjoyed) the 3GS & 3G prior.

I never thought I'd consider moving away from iPhone in the imminent future as I love the GUI etc.

Having read over the last few pages of this thread, however, and various recent press articles, I'm very disappointed that Apple have chosen not to make a change to better quality anodization to eradicate this problem.

We probably all expect a 5S model to be announced and shipped in the next few months, so hopefully they will make the change then and deliver a true premium product, even if it means slightly less profit.

If not, I may find myself reluctantly heading elsewhere, which would be unfortunate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.