Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm still getting them in some forum sections. Not this section though. Highly annoying.

Ah, I see it on the front page, too.

Please see the bold parts below to help us get rid of them.

What do I do about annoying ads?

MacRumors uses an advertising service that supplies ads from a pool. We do not select the specific ads shown or the specific advertisers who participate.

If you find a particular ad especially annoying (e.g., an ad that is oversized, obscures the page, moves around, or has sound), let us know by posting a screenshot in our Site and Forum Feedback forum and telling us the URL it links to. Using this information we can ask to have it removed from the ad pool.

If you find all ads annoying, remember that ads support the site and allow us to provide free news, rumors, and discussion, and that ads are suppressed for paid members. See How do I contribute to MacRumors.com? above.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'm still getting them in some forum sections. Not this section though. Highly annoying.

Ah, I see it on the front page, too.

Same ads as before? Can you post a screenshot if it's a new ad?

arn

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I have a super annoying "sexy videos" in big fat red letters ad on top of my mobile site. Is there any way to get rid of it? It just bothers me big time surfing on MR in the metro nowadays since it's the first thing to pop up when refreshing a thread or so. Mind I don't visit pages with sexy videos, too, so no idea where that's coming from.

Any ideas?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I have a super annoying "sexy videos" in big fat red letters ad on top of my mobile site. Is there any way to get rid of it? It just bothers me big time surfing on MR in the metro nowadays since it's the first thing to pop up when refreshing a thread or so. Mind I don't visit pages with sexy videos, too, so no idea where that's coming from.

Any ideas?

See my post number 32 above on how to help us get rid of those ads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.