Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michelg1970

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
The Hague - The Netherlands
Hi!

Tried to call Apple Support but got disconnected three times (they have system issues) so I gave up. Those good old times that Apple just was fail-free....

Anyway, since I gave up stalking Apple, I post my question here.

I want to enable Back To My Mac on my Airport Extreme. It works on my MBP and Mac Mini. When I enter my Apple ID and password on my Airport Extreme (Airport Utility) it gives an error however: An Error Occurred.

Tried my wife's Apple ID and it just works. Tried mine again: error.

Can anyone advise how to solve this? I already power-cycled the AE and even configured the AE from scratch - to no avail.

Thanks!
Michel

michelg1970

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
The Hague - The Netherlands
That's the whole problem:

In the Airport Utility when I set it up with my account it gives the error message.... So I cannot set it (the airport extreme) up with my account...

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
Different Back to my Mac question

Hi, I was just wondering if there was a limit on file transfer size as I can never transfer more than 100MB at a time. If I even attempt to, it copies about half way (depending on file size) and then disconnects completely, making me have to connect again.
Then there's also the face that it transfers files slowly, e.g. 100MB will take well over 20 minutes.

Any help or answers are appreciated.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.