Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Hey all

I did a quick search to see if someone had already posted this, so I hope I'am not double posting. i have recently sold my iPad 3 for more storage and am at the crossroads of whether to go for the next gen Mini or iPad.

I already have bought tones of games but reading here and on the net they say the Mini cannot handle graphical demanding games. My question is what are demanding games for the iPad? recently i bought games like mini gore 2, cut the rope time travels, fish out of water and plan on getting oceanhorn in the near future.

Hence if i go for a Mini, would i be able to continue enjoying my games and new ones like those on a full sized iPad.

Last edited:

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
Oh boohickey!

I've played some of the most graphically intensive games on my Mini and to my surprise they actually play smoother than on my iPad 3, go for it, I guess the only caveat is the lower resolution

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Oh boohickey!

I've played some of the most graphically intensive games on my Mini and to my surprise they actually play smoother than on my iPad 3, go for it, I guess the only caveat is the lower resolution

Thanks for the feedback, i will wait for the 2nd gen Mini, hopeful it will come with a retina display.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I've been playing Galaxy on Fire 2 HD on my mini the past week, and it plays great. Although I do get occasional crashes from time to time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.