Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

linkedinlogo.jpg
LinkedIn has updated its LinkedIn iOS app to version 6.0, introducing a complete redesign that offers an enhanced news stream incorporating original content posts, updates, and conversations.

The revamp is meant to provide a more personalized experience for LinkedIn users and also allows for customizable navigation.
We want to make it easier for our members to quickly discover and engage with the rich professional insights being shared across LinkedIn to help them make smarter decisions from wherever they may be working. We've designed the new LinkedIn mobile phone app for every professional, with a richer and more engaging stream and more personalization features.
Currently, the redesigned experience is available solely on the iPhone, with no word on when it might be added to the iPad.

iPhone:
-New beautiful and simpler design
-Now you can to invite, follow, like, share and comment on content right from the updates stream
-New personalized and customizable navigation for quicker access to your favorite features on LinkedIn
-Ability to follow Influencers to get access to original insights and content
iPad:
-Bug and crash fixes for improved app quality and performance
LinkedIn is a free app that can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: LinkedIn Overhauls iOS App with Simple Design and Enhanced News Stream

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
the app was definitely in need of an update. One should check out the new Yahoo! Weather app; very clean, sleek, and simple...

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
What a crap video! What did it show except the girl can't converse with normal people except via her phone! She must have walked past two murders, a robbery and grand theft auto. But she did hear about it on her news feed.

M

Mr.damien

The calendar uploader of LinkedIn has been updated, that's great. It's 100% faster than before and you see a nice progress bar while they steal your data.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Nice to have the video. I try to keep up with LinkedIn, but haven't really sorted out the real value. Then this update came, and whatever grasp I had went out the window. I'm glad to get even this brief walkthrough, since I don't always head straight to the website when an iOS app gets updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.