Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Anyone here have the SGP Glas.TR and PS flat bumper set-up? I had recently just put in an order for both along with the SGP aluminum home buttons. I guess I should of inquired before I had placed my orders. But for you guys who might have the same set-up, how is it looking for you guys? I'm really trying to go for a slick looking phone without having to compromise the safety of my screen so I had went ahead and bought the SGP Glas.TR but I'm feeling just a tad iffy on how bulky it might make the front of my phone look. Any insights?

It won't be bulky at all with the GLAS.tR it's the perfect combo actually.
I watched a video from a few pages back. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvs6D_Y3ycY
I believe it's the GLAS.tR that he has on his iPhone..?

Zantherr

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2013
It won't be bulky at all with the GLAS.tR it's the perfect combo actually.
I watched a video from a few pages back. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvs6D_Y3ycY
I believe it's the GLAS.tR that he has on his iPhone..?

Thanks for linking, that was helpful. I had just received my bumper today but I'm still waiting on my SPG glas.tr which will be arriving tomorrow I'm assuming.

I'm liking this bumper so far, I already have it on and idk if I just got lucky with this one or maybe they had already fixed previous issues but I don't seem to have any issues with the power button nor do I have any issues with the volume rockers. The power button is definitely perfectly responsive and gives me a great feedback and even has a click to it whenever I press on it. Solid bumper case, definitely the best one I've ever had so far.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Anyone buyed here already?

It´s a lot cheaper, about $37.50 | £26.50 | €31 including shipping.

I give a second chance to the bumper, and i bought another one. Yesterday I received it and i had again the same problem, a small loose on the bottom and on the left side, exactly the same issue that I had with my first purchase, so now, I can confirm that I dont like at all this bumper. Not to mention that the silicon part came both times with a lot of scratches, and it wasnt a problem of my two bumpers, its a problem of the material is made.
So I am very dissapointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

POX

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
I give a second chance to the bumper, and i bought another one. Yesterday I received it and i had again the same problem, a small loose on the bottom and on the left side, exactly the same issue that I had with my first purchase, so now, I can confirm that I dont like at all this bumper. Not to mention that the silicon part came both times with a lot of scratches, and it wasnt a problem of my two bumpers, its a problem of the material is made.
So I am very dissapointed.

Thanks for sharing.

I´m using Spigen Slim Armor Case but adds a lot of weight and it´s too bulky.

So, right know, I´m between this 3 bumpers:
- Caze ThinEdge Matte frame £14.50
- Spigen Case Neo Hybrid EX Slim Metal £25
- Power Support Flat Bumper £27

I heard good feedback from Caze ThinEdge.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks for sharing.

I´m using Spigen Slim Armor Case but adds a lot of weight and it´s too bulky.

So, right know, I´m between this 3 bumpers:
- Caze ThinEdge Matte frame £14.50
- Spigen Case Neo Hybrid EX Slim Metal £25
- Power Support Flat Bumper £27

I heard good feedback from Caze ThinEdge.

I had all of them, my thin edge fitted perfect and was good quality but i got tired of the red clip, I didnt like it, I dont know why they dont make a black clip jaja.
The neo hybrid is a good case, fits very well too but is the bulkiest of the three, but i like it very much.
And you know my opinion of the PS..

POX

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
I had all of them, my thin edge fitted perfect and was good quality but i got tired of the red clip, I didnt like it, I dont know why they dont make a black clip jaja.
The neo hybrid is a good case, fits very well too but is the bulkiest of the three, but i like it very much.
And you know my opinion of the PS..

Exactly my thoughts.

The Spigen Bumper is almost identical to the Armor Case without the back cover.

I like the ThinEdge Case, except the dented clip system, it´s also the cheapest of all three.

Of all three, what´s the bumper you use most of the time?

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Exactly my thoughts.

The Spigen Bumper is almost identical to the Armor Case without the back cover.

I like the ThinEdge Case, except the dented clip system, it´s also the cheapest of all three.

Of all three, what´s the bumper you use most of the time?

Mmmm, the PS both times that i bought it, i used it less than a day.. I think that the one that I liked more was the neo hybrid slim, but I dont recommend you to buy the soul black beacuse its very shiny and makes the phone look like a cheap phone, now I am waiting for the metal slate, so, In my opinion, the SGP is the best.

POX

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
Mmmm, the PS both times that i bought it, i used it less than a day.. I think that the one that I liked more was the neo hybrid slim, but I dont recommend you to buy the soul black beacuse its very shiny and makes the phone look like a cheap phone, now I am waiting for the metal slate, so, In my opinion, the SGP is the best.

I´ve ordered the SGP Neo Hybrid Slim color Metal Slate. :)

matneh

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
I've been very happy with the Caze thinedge. Other than the fact that the microusb/lightning adapter won't fit, it is perfect. Until I mod the case I just use the original lightning cable.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
My PS flat bumper has been holding up great. No discoloration. I dropped it a few times, one time on some rough concrete and it held up great, no marks or dents on the bumper and luckily the back/front of the iphone was not harmed.

The looks of this bumper with the iphone looks very nice and sleek, very professional.

Cost not so good but worth it for me.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Has anyone from Canada tried picking this up at Pacific Mall? I wonder if there is a vender there who sells it.

Amazon doesn't ship this item to Canada, only within US..

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Has anyone from Canada tried picking this up at Pacific Mall? I wonder if there is a vender there who sells it.

Amazon doesn't ship this item to Canada, only within US..

There is a seller in ebay that is from usa.. Maybe its fine for you.. If you want it, ask me and i will post the link to it..

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Update on the Power Support.

Been using it since mid February and it just broke today. The plastic snapped at the headphone jack when taking it off to clean (I do this every 1-2 weeks). I was thinking about replacing it anyways since the last couple weeks the rubber looks like it has started to seperate at the headphone jack. Overall it has held up fine until this point though. I have dropped it once onto cement about a 2 months ago with almost no damage (just some light scratches on the plastic).

Don't think I am going to purchase it again. Not really the fault of the bumper (although I would have expected it to last longer for the price) but more that I want to try something new. Already have the Caze Thinedge to hold me over while searching.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Update on the Power Support.

Been using it since mid February and it just broke today. The plastic snapped at the headphone jack when taking it off to clean (I do this every 1-2 weeks). I was thinking about replacing it anyways since the last couple weeks the rubber looks like it has started to seperate at the headphone jack. Overall it has held up fine until this point though. I have dropped it once onto cement about a 2 months ago with almost no damage (just some light scratches on the plastic).

Don't think I am going to purchase it again. Not really the fault of the bumper (although I would have expected it to last longer for the price) but more that I want to try something new. Already have the Caze Thinedge to hold me over while searching.

Glad I saw this comment. The fragility of the headphone jack area was my first concern when I saw the bumper. For the price they're charging, there's no way I want something that fragile. Looks great though.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
I have had this bumper long and had no issues, perfect since day 1. I take mine off every other day for cleaning, and no snaps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.