Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheherezade

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
My Ipod Classic has suddenly started to freeze up when I try to skip to the next song in my playlist. When I hit the skip button it freezes for up to a minute, and when it starts to play again it has often skipped 5-6 songs. It also refuses to play certain songs even though the same songs play just fine in Itunes.
I've tried to restart the Ipod itself by pressing the menu and center button, and I'v tried to restore the Ipod in Itunes. I run the latest version of both Itunes and the Ipod software.
I don't know what to try next, so any help would be much appreciated.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
It could be the drive going. My suggestion if you haven't tried it already is to do a restore of the iPod to make sure you don't have corrupted files on it.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
If the drive's about to die, the iPod will start displaying "verifying iPod" messages. If that's happening, make sure it's backed up and have a replacement model in mind (I recommend the iPod touch).

maplelegend

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
Ohio
Is there any chance that your ipod's infected by virus? I'm just saying because mine used to be out of control and it turned out there's virus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.