Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Has anyone figured out how to disable/remove "chat heads" on the most recent Facebook app? I find it to be more gimmicky and distracting than useful. It's particularly annoying when I go to drag a "chat head" from the top of the screen to the bottom and accidently pull down the Notification Center. Seems to happen quite often when I'm in a hurry trying to remove a "head" from the screen.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Has anyone figured out how to disable/remove "chat heads" on the most recent Facebook app? I find it to be more gimmicky and distracting than useful. It's particularly annoying when I go to drag a "chat head" from the top of the screen to the bottom and accidently pull down the Notification Center. Seems to happen quite often when I'm in a hurry trying to remove a "head" from the screen.

I can't seem to find a way to do it.

On Android there is an option in settings to enable or disable chat heads. Can't seem to find same option on my iPad ?

Gossip

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
I'll be thankful too for the help! These heads are annoying and uncomfortable! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.