Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Will you buy an iPad 5 if it includes the features everyone's thinking? Or iPad Mini for that matter? Based on current rumors:
iPad 5: Possibly higher resolution display, new color scheme, thinner, lighter design, faster processor.
iPad Mini: Faster, retina display.

I'm really interested in the iPad 5, might pull the trigger on it.

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
I've been going back and forth. I bought a mini a couple weeks ago, and it is awesome but if the 5 really looks like the mini, I might save up for one and/or sell my mini.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm getting the iPad 5 pretty much whatever, since the iPad 1 is almost unusable on Safari now. Retina will be a great upgrade from our iPad 2, too.

Also would definitely consider a iPad mini for my personal use too, it it had a retina screen.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I probably won't since I have the 4 but I won't be delusional saying the 4 is better than the 5 like all those threads of people saying the 3 is better than the 4 :D

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The form factor refinements alone are enough to make the iPad 5 a must have for me. I look forward to being one of the first to get my hands on one.

I enjoy my Mini, but without retina it's a true compromise. I'm going to be very glad when Apple offers them with Retina. I will be a buyer immediately.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
The form factor refinements alone are enough to make the iPad 5 a must have for me. I look forward to being one of the first to get my hands on one.

I enjoy my Mini, but without retina it's a true compromise. I'm going to be very glad when Apple offers them with Retina. I will be a buyer immediately.
Agreed.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
If it's a compelling upgrade, sure. I am content with my 3 for now, but if Apple brings the love and comes out with a significantly improved iPad--new lighter design, more power, iOS overhaul--I'm in.

miltonbull

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Sweden
I think I will. Got a mini now, like the size but dos t use it much. Been using my iPhone 5 more. A normal sized iPad would fit me better. Had a 3 earlier and it screen was great but it felt a it big. New thinner design hopefully change that.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I'am torn between the two, i need to go to the shops and play around with Mini's Safari app to see if I'am comfortable reading websites on a smaller screen without the need to zoom in or out like the full sized iPad. If i like it i will wait and see if the next Mini comes with a retina display and 128gb of storage, otherwise i think i will go for another iPad I guess i still cannot go wrong with a quad core cpu, 128 storage, lightening connector, slimmer design and less weight than my previous iPad 3.

----------

I've been going back and forth. I bought a mini a couple weeks ago, and it is awesome but if the 5 really looks like the mini, I might save up for one and/or sell my mini.

I still say the mini looks sexier than iPad 5 due to its smaller dimensions.

Last edited:

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
If it's thinner and lighter, I'd definitely go with the 5.

iPad Mini wins people's heart by being significantly lighter and thinner, and look cute too with thinner bezel.

Now if iPad 5 could approach the same level of Mini, along with Retina, bigger battery and speedier SoC, oh boy ain't that a geek haven?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am personally tempted to, if only for the 4G and improved specs, plus the move to lightning to keep up with the 5s later this year.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
Absolutely. In a heart beat. I can't wait. Wish it was tomorrow. I have an iPad 3. I'm ready for whatever Sir Ives and his crew have come up with.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
As an iPad 3 user - No.

(But wonder why Samsung didn't bring out anything in the 9-10" range, something with S-Pen I could fancy, but Note 10.1 seems old now)

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I have a 3 and I am not sure at this point. It will probably depend on what features are added. The size/weight of the 3 isn't an issue for me at all, the battery and the speed is fine for how I use it.

I also have a 4s, so the 30 pin connector works better for me, too. I may wait another year, but I said the same thing aout the 4s and then they added mirroring, Siri and a better camera and I had to have it. I guess I will wait and see.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Depending on when I have enough money, I will either buy an iPad 4 or an iPad 5. Either one is going to be a huge step up from what I have now.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
there is a very good chance that I upgrade from my iPad3, specially if I can get a 128GB version

Really? Why? Nothing against your choice. Just curious. I have the 64GB version and I have about 29GB free. I'll go for the 64GB next time. Do you carry a lot of movies? I just checked my usagemand it seems rather spread out.

(Edited to correct my actual stats. I misread them the first time.)

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Really? Why? Nothing against your choice. Just curious. I have the 32GB version and I have about 2GB free. I'll go for the 64GB next time. Do you carry a lot of movies? I just checked mymusagemand it seems rather spread out.

I have 64GB now and 12 GB free ... Still some space. But some games getting bigger and bigger; and quite some pictures and video recording with family.

I could also cleanup :rolleyes:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'd love to say no, I'm sticking with my 4, but if the proposed / rumoured spec. hikes turn out to be true, then yes, I probably will....I want a 128GB model wifi only....That's the deal for me 128GB or no sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.