Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I've got my first video---but if I want to turn one of the frames into a picture and email it--is there a way to do that?

xmtgx

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I've got my first video---but if I want to turn one of the frames into a picture and email it--is there a way to do that?

Try hitting the home button and sleep awake button at the same time to see if it will take a screenshot of the video without bringing of the controls.

Barbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

xmtgx said:

Try hitting the home button and sleep awake button at the same time to see if it will take a screenshot of the video without bringing of the controls.

This works. Just hit pause on the video where you would like to create a picture. Then hit the power button and home button at the same time. Works great.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

This works. Just hit pause on the video where you would like to create a picture. Then hit the power button and home button at the same time. Works great.

yes but don't you lose the resolution on the picture?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
No it'll be at the resolution it was shot at it the first place

Sorry blonde moment there. It'll be at the iPhones native res. You could take a frame and extract it to jpg in iMovie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.