Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I have this issue with Finder on Mountain Lion. The Finder window does not correctly resize to fit the contents when in List [ Edit : I meant icon view (thanks justperry) ] view. I demonstrate it in this video in the link below. You can see that it does not resize horizontally to fit the windows contents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UQAwB76jxM

Last edited:

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I've never understood this with OSX. The green button very rarely makes it get bigger.

Like all other windows in OSX, you're going to need to go to the corner and drag it out.

spyrmac

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
i know what you mean

before in 10.6 the green button was resizing the window to eliminate all unnecessary unused space . now it only resizes it in one direction .

it only resizes the height but not the width .

why did they change that ?

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
In my 13 years of using OS X, I've never actually used the green button. It was useless in the public beta and it remains useless today.

That said, I did use Moom for a while. It was neat, but I found that I didn't use it enough to justify keeping it installed.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
RightZoom will make your green button do what it's supposed to (at least in my mind). It's free, works with SL, Lion, ML. Been using it for years.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bumping this to ask the question.

In Lion and Snow Leopard the green button in Finder would work as advertised. In Mavericks and Mountain Lion it no longer functions correctly. When the green button is clicked it should resize the Finder window to fit the window contents. In this video there should be no white space on the right side after the "Movies" and "Developer" folders when the green button is pressed. I only have this issue when I use the "icon" view in Finder.

Q. Has anyone else got this bug in Mountain Lion and Mavericks also?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.