Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
I use iTunes for (what I guess is) its original purpose; to store, manage and listen to music, and dialogues I use for work, loaded from my collection of CDs.

I also occasionally use it to listen to on-line radio, though more usually I use VLC or the BBC Radio widget.

I don't have a credit card so I don't have an account to buy music (or anything) from any on-line source. As for all the other stuff that can be done with iTunes, it's got me beat.

My only wish is that I could convert my collection of tapes (that I use at work) to digital, so that I could store them, to run from a USB memory stick. The cassette tape recorders at work are wearing out, and are unlikely to be replaced. As we update textbooks we get CDs to go with them, but there is still some material on tape that I use quite a bit, so would like to archive.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I like....

iTunes, in the Macs I use and the Windoze boxes I have to use. But frankly, dont like so much the new interfase. But still is simple to use, it is only a matter of customs in my side.

:):apple:

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I use it, and I love it. But I wouldn't install it on a PC even if you paid me... I keep my media library on a NAS, organised by iTunes, and simply access the file structure when I'm on a PC...

davydavy

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
I use iTunes on a PC to organise my music library and to be honest nothing even comes close to iTunes 10.7 for this purpose (iTunes 11 was a seriously retrograde step for organising music but is better for playback).

With a large music collection iTunes is slow with anything less than 4GB RAM.

To listen to my music I have a squeezebox connected to a proper amp and speakers and I'll use iPeng on an iPad or iPhone for playback. Very happy :)

CTay

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2013
It's a little tedious to get everything perfect so that it looks as intended when displayed in iTunes but, it is pretty good when all is said and done. Works flawlessly for me when streaming, even from a windows device. I'm sure the experience would be even better on a Mac.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
i used to hate itunes, after formatting and properly organizing everything, i love it, and although it was tedious, its a pretty quick process with any new content as i do it properly going onto my mac, love how it plays nicely with the ATV and thats what got to me do it all properly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.