Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JT3Jon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to keep a specific folder in sync between multiple macs over my local area network. Basically I create and save new logic pro preset files & instruments while I'm working, and I would like the new files to be transferred to my other workstation (i.e. my macbook pro). Then if I'm working on my macbook pro and I create new instruments there, I would again like these to be transferred to my main mac pro when I get home.

One potential catch is that my main mac pro does not go online, but it does connect to my local network via Ethernet. Another possible problem is my mac pro runs OS 10.6.8 while my macbook pro runs 10.8. Anyone recommend me a "set it and forget it" solution? I do already own (and love) the program ForkLift, which does sync folders, but unfortunately there is no way to automate this process. I would like a solution similar to time machine, where I can tell the program to sync this folder(s) every day or so and then forget about it.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

AppleFreak29

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Illinois
Syncing

I was looking over some applications for mac just the other day and found an app that might be beneficial to you.

Its called SyncFoldersFree. I found it on macupdate.

Hope this is more of what you are looking for. I have not had the opportunity to test it out yet but it sounds like the fix you are looking for because you can schedule it to do it a certain time every day.

innerdude

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
You can also try SpiderOak..it's $10 a month, but it gives you 100GB of backup plus seamless folder syncing between Macs and PC's. Been using it for a year now, no complaints. It "just works".

Plus you can open it up to share files privately as well.

http://www.spideroak.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.