Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first responders to the iPhone 4 antenna class action lawsuit are receiving their $15 settlement checks, reports to 9to5Mac.
antennaclaimcheck.png
 Image via 9to5MacThe settlement, which came about in February 2012, is limited to people who experienced antenna issues with their iPhone 4 but were unable to return their device and opted not to receive a free bumper case from Apple.
Apple will provide a $15 cash payment to Class Members who send in a valid claim form. The claim form will require you to declare that you: (a) experienced antenna or reception issues with your iPhone 4; (b) were unable to return your iPhone 4 without incurring any costs; (c) were unwilling to use a case or free bumper for your iPhone 4; and (d) completed certain troubleshooting steps or are unable to complete the troubleshooting steps because you no longer own your iPhone 4.
The first checks were issued on April 17, 2013 and are void after July 16. Apple accepted claims until August 28 of 2012.

Article Link: $15 iPhone 4 Antenna Settlement Checks Now Being Received

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
"I've been cranky all year waiting for my $15. Now I feel better. This incident is completely justified now. Thank you lawyers!" -no one

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
I bet this is bringing Apple to its knees! :) They must be laughing about this with the billions that they have sitting around.

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
I thought Samsung were the bad guys?

Apple makes it ridiculously hard to get a lousy $15 for a defective phone?

I'm just glad I returned mine and that's what it took for me to go with Android.

I had the first (full price). Received the iTunes credit when they dropped the price as their apology for huge price drop after launch and made the mistake of getting the 3G. At least that still gets used in my Bose dock.

Never again. Tomorrow should be interesting with results posting after the market closes.

Disgraceful settlement.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI

I'm just glad I returned mine and that's what it took for me to go with Android.

I had the first (full price). Received the iTunes credit when they dropped the price as their apology for huge price drop after launch and made the mistake of getting the 3G. At least that still gets used in my Bose dock.

Never again. Tomorrow should be interesting with results posting after the market closes.

Disgraceful settlement.

Android. Bose dock. LOL

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The humor involved in this situation is worth more than the $15. When my Antennagate Special wouldn't make a call yet my 3GS would in the same location time & date, I knew Apple blew it.

There's nothing like keeping your old one till you've done the testing Apple failed to. You're never caught unprepared that way. Nor is Apple, they keep our money and smile :)

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011

Disgraceful settlement.

So did you get $15 for your defective phone or did you return it for full price. I would assume apple only gives you the money if you kept the (defective) phone.

wingsabre

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Free $35 case a few months after getting the phone vs $15 3 years later. I guess it really depends on how anal you'd like to be.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
"Your $800 phone can't make phone calls if you hold it. To make up for this, here's $15 three years later."

:rolleyes:

fpsBeaTt

Suspended
Apr 18, 2010

Disgraceful settlement.

37207927.jpg

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
If you refuse to use A FREE case given to you then you don't deserve any kind of settlement.

Apple should have told them to deal with it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.