Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Magic2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hello everyone,
I want to buy a Final Cut Pro X Keyboard is the old keyboard of final Cut Pro shortcuts the same?

Thank you :)

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,
I want to buy a Final Cut Pro X Keyboard is the old keyboard of final Cut Pro shortcuts the same?

Thank you :)

Unfortunately no. Because the features of the two FCPs are so different, it's not really possible. You're better off using a standard keyboard and familiarizing yourself with the common shortcuts.

You might want to check out this document from Apple which explains how to effectively use FCP X when you're used to FCP 7.

Magic2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Unfortunately no. Because the features of the two FCPs are so different, it's not really possible. You're better off using a standard keyboard and familiarizing yourself with the common shortcuts.

You might want to check out this document from Apple which explains how to effectively use FCP X when you're used to FCP 7.

Thank you larrylaffer
I was going to purchase a used keyboard very cheap, but I think this new one would be great with my FCPX.
http://store.apple.com/dk/product/H7321B/A/logickeyboard-final-cut-pro-x-shortcut-keyboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.