Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-owen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
I've been a silly PC user my whole life and finally did the right thing and got on board with the newest Mac Book Pro. I have to say I love it, what an amazing piece of technology and art.

The one thing I miss about my PC Touch-pad is the ability to throw my mouse cursor. For example if my mouse is in the lower left corner on my mac & I need to get it to the upper right I need to drag it with several gestures to get it up there. On my PC laptop I could "flick" my finger on the Touchpad and the mouse cursor would have "momentum" and keep going all by itself, gradually slowing down until it stopped or I touched the pad again with my finger to stop it. This mouse cursor functionality is similar to the "momentum" when scrolling down a web page but I am talking about the actual mouse cursor.

I have become so used to being able to do this over the last 10 years I can't stand not having this functionality on my Mac Trackpad.

I have looked high and low for an App or System add-on to give this functionality to no avail. I've checked into the following:

CatchMouse
Sapiens
MagicPrefs
Mouseposé
FinalTouch
EasyDrag
jitouch
Multiclutch
BetterTouchTool
MouseWizard

I would be forever in your debt if you know of a way to acquire this functionality on a brand new MacBook Pro.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
IFor example if my mouse is in the lower left corner on my mac & I need to get it to the upper right I need to drag it with several gestures to get it up there.
You should find that the speed with which you drag your finger accelerates the pointer, so you move further for the same distance covered.

If I drag my finger quickly, I can cover the diagonal of a 20" monitor easily within the width of the laptop's trackpad. If I move more slowly, it will take several "lift and returns" to make the same journey.

This is sort of like the reckless flinging that you're used to, but with a bit more control. Traditionally, Windows users don't like Apple's "mouse acceleration" and want to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.