Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

appletore.jpg
Apple has updated its Apple Store for iOS app, adding push notifications for order shipment and delivery as well as new notifications for when an iPhone is eligible for upgrade pricing.
What's New in Version 2.6

- Choose to receive notifications that let you know exactly when you're eligible for upgrade pricing on a new iPhone. And since all you need to complete the order is your Apple ID and password, buying your new iPhone is fast and easy (US only).

- Stay on top of your delivery with notifications. We'll let you know when your order ships, keep you informed of any updates, and notify you when it's delivered.
Apple Store is a free download from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Store iOS App Updated With Push Delivery and iPhone Upgrade Notifications

iPhone4Jay

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
Mentor, OH
I think there is no iPad app for it because the apple store website works very for the iPad since it is such a bigger screen. So it is kind of a waste.

I understand that. I would just assume if you created the iPad you would make an iPad app for the Store. Its easier to set a genius appointment from a ipad or a iphone with the app other than use Safari

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Verizon

I just checked out the upgrade eligibility page of the new Apple Store app.

Verizon just changed my upgrade pricing date from May 21, 2014 to September 20, 2014.

Jerks...

:confused::confused::confused:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just checked out the upgrade eligibility page of the new Apple Store app.

Verizon just changed my upgrade pricing date from May 21, 2014 to September 20, 2014.

Jerks...

:confused::confused::confused:
Yup, looks like Verizon is already instituting its policy change on upgrades going from 20 months to full 24 months (like contracts).

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Yup, looks like Verizon is already instituting its policy change on upgrades going from 20 months to full 24 months (like contracts).

Are they not aware that if they let people wait until they're contract-free before they can upgrade that a lot of people may just walk away and go somewhere else?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are they not aware that if they let people wait until they're contract-free before they can upgrade that a lot of people may just walk away and go somewhere else?
Either they are and simply don't care, or they aren't and still simply don't care.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Having an Apple store within 5 miles of home, along with this app, has made it easy and fast to buy online, then pick it up at the store. I've used it many times, it's a real time saver.

In addition, Personal Pickup is a handy system they have setup as well.

When I order a BTO/CTO MBP I have it delivered to the store, that way I can go in at anytime during the day to pick it up.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I think there is no iPad app for it because the apple store website works very for the iPad since it is such a bigger screen. So it is kind of a waste.

Interesting thought. It's much more charitable than my conclusion that they are just too complacent and haven't heard enough complaints yet to optimize it for one of their biggest profit driving products. I appreciate it when someone shines a light on the method to the madness. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.