Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
With WWDC announcement for June 10th to debut iOS7 when ip will the beta version be released to developers?

With just 7 weeks to go, I'm surprised that beta 1 has not been released as of yet. Usually in the past there was a minimum of 4 betas all the way up to over 8 betas released before it was released to the public. Seems odd not to already been pushed out yet.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
With WWDC announcement for June 10th to debut iOS7 when ip will the beta version be released to developers?

With just 7 weeks to go, I'm surprised that beta 1 has not been released as of yet. Usually in the past there was a minimum of 4 betas all the way up to over 8 betas released before it was released to the public. Seems odd not to already been pushed out yet.

a new iOS version is usually demoed at WWDC and then beta1 will be made available to dev's for a few months till new hardware in September/October time.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The firmware will be "announced" and demoed at the Conference, not released to the public.
The initial beta will come shortly after that leading up to the general release weeks later.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Since the iPhone 5S is reported to be delayed...it makes sense.

iOS 7 preview at WWDC.
iOS 7/iPhone 5S release aug/sep

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Apple will demo iOS 7 at the WWDC keynote on June 10th. They will then release iOS 7.0 Beta 1 the moment the keynote finishes.

This is how they've always done it:
Announcement + Demo --> Beta 1 release an hour or so later --> Beta 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc --> GM Release with the announcement of the new iPhone (whenever that occurs) --> Public release when the new iPhone starts actually shipping

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

With just 7 weeks to go, I'm surprised that beta 1 has not been released as of yet.

Releasing a beta would mean having developers pore over it and leak the changes to the public. making WWDC's keynote rather moot since everyone would know everything. And letting someone else announce their stuff really isn't Apple's style even under Tim.

So you'll get your betas after the keynote. Probably the same day or 1-2 later

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Since the iPhone 5S is reported to be delayed...it makes sense.

iOS 7 preview at WWDC.
iOS 7/iPhone 5S release aug/sep

Delayed? Anyone who expected the next iPhone released before Aug/Sept was kidding themselves. The new iPhone is always released with the new version of the OS. The new version of iOS was, of course, always going to be demoed at WWDC. Therefore the new iPhone can't come until several months after that. Also, Tim Cook told everyone not to expect new hardware before the Fall.

You've been reading too much Digitimes.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Delayed? Anyone who expected the next iPhone released before Aug/Sept was kidding themselves.

Which was everyone considering even MacRumors reported multiple times on it.

People were guessing release dates from May all the way to Sep.

I thought it was pretty funny.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Apple will demo iOS 7 at the WWDC keynote on June 10th. They will then release iOS 7.0 Beta 1 the moment the keynote finishes.

This is how they've always done it:
Announcement + Demo --> Beta 1 release an hour or so later --> Beta 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc --> GM Release with the announcement of the new iPhone (whenever that occurs) --> Public release when the new iPhone starts actually shipping

They used to do a demo in April and release it to the developers all the way up to June.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
They used to do a demo in April and release it to the developers all the way up to June.

I am well aware. But iOS 5 and iOS 6 were both debuted at WWDC and it seems the logical schedule for Apple to continue having the developer previews launch at that point, when they have so many developers and workshops right there to kick it off.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA

it would be silly for Apple to release a completely new OS with a new design straight to public without first demo-ing its features and telling devs how to code for the new features that are found in the OS....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.