Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Tweetbot has been updated to version 2.8, notably adding a new media view to the iPhone and iPad apps.

The media view, which can be accessed by scrolling to the top of a timeline and then tapping the square next to the search button, offers up an in-line view of photos and videos that have been tweeted. Tweets themselves serve as captions, offering context to images.

tweetbotupdate.jpg
Tweetbot's image viewer has been redesigned as well, with significant speed improvements and a new image opening animation that is similar to the Mac version of Tweetbot. The tweet detail view has also been updated to display a live count of favorites and retweets.
-New media timeline. Scroll to the top of a timeline and switch to the new media view (next to the search box). This view displays only supported image and video tweets.
-Completely redesigned image viewer
-Tweet/status detail view now displays the number of Favs and Retweets
-Fixed Instagram Previews
-Various other bug fixes
Both versions of Tweetbot can be downloaded from the App Store for $2.99.

-Tweetbot for iPad [Direct Link]
-Tweetbot for iPhone [Direct Link]

Article Link: Tweetbot for iOS Updated with Redesigned Image Viewer and New Media Timeline

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Best Twitter app tbh. None even comes close to the fluidness, UI refinement, and overall quality.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I will take what I can get, but accessing media view mode is a bit involved than I would like (scrolling to the very top and click a tiny media view mode button).

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
looks a bit dated designwise. ill stick to echofone which i have been using since back in the iPhone 3G dates ^^

its the only one that actually stays in synch with my ipad, iphone, mac

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
All I really want is another app that will allow me to arrange the people I'm following into separate columns like TweetDeck does now, since Twitter is nuking it on May 7.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Doesn't help me on my iPhone, but thank you. I didn't know it worked like that on the Mac.

I've never used TweetDeck on the iPhone. What's the difference between what you want and simply switching between Lists in Tweetbot? Seems like the same functionality on the surface.

vanillaspice

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2012
I've never used TweetDeck on the iPhone. What's the difference between what you want and simply switching between Lists in Tweetbot? Seems like the same functionality on the surface.

Tweetdeck allows you to use multiple social networks simultaneously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.