Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
how careful are you with your priced iPhone? are you so careful to have been able to count how many times you dropped it and from what distances?:apple:

goddi

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
Hi there

dropped mine about 10 Times on hard surfaces.
3 Times were quite hard but no ploblems.

Of couse my phnne has dents now on the edges - some quite noticable.
But i take it as some kind of used look.

A Phone is something that i use every day - So it looks used as well.

No Bumper or case. Despite selling it i can see no reason why people treat it as some kinfd of treasure. Looks stupid in my eyes :D

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I don't worry over it but rarely drop it.

Despite selling it i can see no reason why people treat it as some kinfd of treasure.
Tunnel vision will do that. People have all sorts of reasons (for everything -- not just handling the iPhone) whether you see them or not.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
how careful are you with your priced iPhone? are you so careful to have been able to count how many times you dropped it and from what distances?:apple:

Uh Umm Never if I can avoid it, but this time I have a Life Proof only because I dive and I am sick and tired of leaving my phone on shore or in my Car.

I use my IP5 a lot between work and Personal, so I am very careful, but I have dropped it on my hardwood floors at home but from bed distance, 2-3 feet nothing more, and I am even more careful when around cement or hard surfaces outdoors.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I've dropped mine various times, only one time it has actually showed some damage though. A little dent on the side bezel, which I could care less about.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch (3rd gen) that has met the floor many times from desktop and kitchen counter height.

A couple of times not in it's case onto a carpet. The rest of the times it was in it's case sometimes carpet and sometimes a hard floor.

It wasn't damaged from any of the falls.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
dropped mine 3 times, all on wooden floor at about 2 foot height, caseless and not a crack

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011

tumblr_lwhtxb5d3F1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I have only dropped one iPhone and it was the 4S. It landed on a corner but the glass didn't break. It dented the edge of the metal band on that corner and I sold it several months later and bought a new one.

I've owned every model iPhone except the 5 and as I said, only dropped the 4S once. Still refuse to use a case.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
I've dropped my iPhone 5 a lot in the past few weeks, I'd say several times a week. I've had my phone since launch day. My phone has no dents or nicks and it has been sitting in a rather thin case. I just so happened to put back in my abandoned Griffen survivor case before I seen this post today lol.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I've dropped my 6 mo. old iPhone 5 once onto a hard surface (tile) at the gym. Luckily it was in a snap case and I saw where it landed, on the bottom right corner as the snap case had a small chip in the rubberized coating. I picked it up as the glass side was down expecting it to be shattered, but surpisingly the case did it's job. Took the case off inspected the phone and it looked pristine still! Went on with my workout...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.