Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

comex.png
Former Apple employee and JailbreakMe.com hacker Nicholas Allegra, better known as Comex, will be interning at Google, reports Forbes.

Comex, who tweeted the news on Tuesday night, was hired by Apple as an intern in 2011. News broke that he was no longer with Apple late last year, after he forgot to respond to an email that offered him continued employment at the company.

Though Comex did not mention what he will work on at Google, he did mention his disdain for Android.
He added on Twitter that he won't be working on Android, an operating system that he has never "like[d] enough to ever want to hack it."
Before interning for Apple, Comex famously ran JailbreakMe.com, a site that offered a simple way for iOS users to jailbreak their devices. His clever exploits highlighted his talents and in an interview with Forbes, he likened jailbreaking to "editing an English paper... You just go through and look for errors. I don't know why I seem to be so effective at it."

Article Link: Former Apple Intern and iPhone Hacker Comex to Work for Google

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I often wonder... when news outlets pick up a story about a person like this interning for a major corporation... how do the other 50,000 employees feel about it?

He's "famous" for jailbreaking and was even featured by Forbes.

I'm sure there are much more talented people who have been actually working for Google for years... where's their story?

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
I saw him quite often, I wanted to say hi and thank him for the hacks but he often looked hung over in his sandals/shorts

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
If I was Google I'd hire him exactly to improve Android.
Put your skills where your mouth is, son.

He's not a designer. He's a hacker. Android isn't great, but it's light years ahead of that crappy OS Apple keeps using. Personally wouldnt want either in their current states.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Seems arrogant to me! Forgot to reply? Never liked Android?

Or...He's an "absent minded professor" type. Too busy thinking about code to answer emails that offer him money or a job. In the jungle he be the first one eaten by a lion. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.