Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alhavel

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Hampton Bays NY
Just goes to show what anecdotal "knowledge" is worth.

In their most recent fiscal quarter, their gross sales were $1,296,100,000.00.

Actually, I've seen them go up and down in sales over the years here. Now they are very busy, to the point of "I want service now, and I'm not going to wait anymore", that busy. In fact here, it's almost mandatory that they be bi-lingual, or at least the shoppers have to bring their kids with them. It's been a real culture change in customer base.

It used to be an empty store, with no customers too, I kind of liked it like that, I hate to wait on line.

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
walmart has great prices, which is why i shop there. I also order stuff online and have been very pleased. They started with one store too. if other retailers dont like them thats too bad

There is only one Mall*Wart anywhere near me in
Watertown MA. It is many miles away, in an exurb. Even if they had a closer store, I wouldn't shop there, as it is responsible for way too much evil sheet.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Nothing wrong with it, but it looks like a true Apple fanboy looks down on every other retailer, such as Best Buy, Fry's or RadioShack.

I thought so. Well before I knew of any Apple Retail store, I found Macs at Fry's. Fry's is always a madhouse, but generally speaking, they have always had everything I could ever need.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Rat Shack has jumped the shark so hard and so long ago it's name should be erased from our vocabulary.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I bought a 4S there in January and the sales guy did everything he could to try to get me to buy a case or car charger for the phone. He was so disappointed when I told him this was not my first iPhone and I had every accessory I could ever want for an iPhone. They probably don't make anything from iPhone sales so they push accessories.

I have a box full of headsets, usb cords and wall chargers from olds iPhones that I have sold over the years.

edenwaith

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2001
RadioShack computers

Won't this cannibalize Tandy sales?

I still have the Tandy 1000 HX computer my family purchased back in 1987. The last time I fired it up in 2006, I played a rousing game of Space Quest III. I'll have to put it back together and see if it still works.

I also remember RS selling IBM Aptivas, probably around the early 90s. Don't recall them selling any computers any longer. Perhaps a couple of keyboards and mice, these days.

montycat

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2007
Florida
Wow, I can't believe some of the stupid replies that are being posted. I really don't care where I buy my Apple products as long as its convenient and priced right. Lets see....closest Apple store is a 100 mile round trip. Best buy is over ten miles away. Radio Shack and Walmart are both 1/2 mile from me. I try to avoid having products shipped to me as I sometimes don't get home from work until late at night. I just bought two iPads from Walmart :eek: I guess I should of driven 100 miles to the Apple Store instead.

Vermillion9494

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
I've just had crappy experiences at Radio Shack. I don't go there. I'd go to BestBuy or FutureShop or even Walmart before I went there.

Let Walmart carry these accessories as well and people would go there before they went to Radio Shack too.

ZOMG I've been to Best Buy and Wal-Mart and have HORRIBLE experiences there. Clearly, Apple should just not bother selling things because the unwashed masses ruin everything...

What I mean to say is that your personal anecdote means nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.