Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Somehow the end of my headphone plug got stuck in the headphone jack on my daughters ipod shuffle. I can't grab it with anything to pull it out. Any ideas?

Not a great picture.

Attachments

• Shuffle.JPG
    Shuffle.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 220

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I would not use a drill that might cause more damage. If you got some small tweezers would be the best but with as cheap as they are you might just be able to buy another one.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Are you sure someone didn't punk her by putting Krazy Glue in the jack? It's end of story if they did. At $50 to replace, probably not worth fixing if it doesn't come out clean.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Are you sure someone didn't punk her by putting Krazy Glue in the jack? It's end of story if they did. At $50 to replace, probably not worth fixing if it doesn't come out clean.

Untrue. Due to apple's design with very small nubs conducting electricity inside instead of larger 'clip; like areas, you can force something in and twist it against the glue and the shell of the jack to break the glue up and let it fall out.

Source: Did this with an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.