Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc_2013_logo-250x239.jpg
In line with yesterday's announcement, Apple has just begun ticket sales for its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), which will take place June 10-14 at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco. Tickets are priced at $1599.
Get an in-depth look at what's next in iOS and OS X, and learn how to take your apps to the next level. With over 100 sessions, extensive hands-on labs, and engaging events, you'll connect with Apple engineers and fellow developers for an incredible week of inspiration.
Tickets are expected to sell out quickly, as seen last year when they disappeared in under two hours even without advance warning of the on-sale time.

In order to buy tickets for WWDC, purchasers must have been registered as members of one of Apple's paid developer programs as of 5:30 AM Pacific Time on April 24, the time of Apple's announcement. Tickets are also limited to one per person and five per organization.

Apple is also setting aside 150 free tickets for student developers, with those tickets being awarded through an application process with students being required to submit an app they have developed as well as responses to several essay questions. Apple will begin accepting applications for the student program at 9:00 AM Pacific Time on April 29, with a deadline of 5:00 PM Pacific Time on May 2. Applicants will be notified of the results by May 16.

Update: Tickets sold out in two minutes.

Article Link: Tickets for WWDC 2013 Now on Sale, Conference Begins June 10

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
The site is down for me when I try to log in :/

Edit: what....already sold out? (the sold out thing is at the top of the page now)

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
There wouldn't be enough Apple engineers to aid developers seeking help.

There are only going to be about 6 developers there and 14,994 Lookie Lous who just have to be the first to know about the iPhone 6.

People saying that selling out in 2 minutes is "impressive." When I finish in 2 minutes, I just get yelled at ;)

Last edited:

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
They need to move to another larger venue and sell two classes of ticket. A "real" developer ticket and then a tourist ticket. The real developer ticket would be needed to get any hands on discussions with Apple folks. Tourists would just get to go to presentations and walk around and look at stuff, but Apple engineers wouldn't talk to them. And they probably need to raise their prices.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
They need to move to another larger venue and sell two classes of ticket. A "real" developer ticket and then a tourist ticket. The real developer ticket would be needed to get any hands on discussions with Apple folks. Tourists would just get to go to presentations and walk around and look at stuff, but Apple engineers wouldn't talk to them. And they probably need to raise their prices.

People like to blame "not real developers" for buying up all the tickets... but it's a ridiculous argument.

There are 227,948 companies with apps in the app store. Real developers by any reasonable description. And many of those companies have more than 1 developer. Meanwhile, there are 5000 spots for WWDC.

arn

Bigskygangsta

macrumors member
May 23, 2009
Southeast Trailer Park
I'm gonna hold my own WWDC!

If I get 5,000 registrations at $1,599 I'll take in almost $8 million! I'll sell my trailer and leave this little town quick. I'll get me an awesome condo on Daytona Beach with my ol' lady!

Ok people.... registration starts tomorrow morning at 9:00....send cash please!!!

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
People like to blame "not real developers" for buying up all the tickets... but it's a ridiculous argument.

There are 227,948 companies with apps in the app store. Real developers by any reasonable description. And many of those companies have more than 1 developer. Meanwhile, there are 5000 spots for WWDC.

arn

Right, I never believed that there were too many folks dropping a grand just to attend keynotes and schmooze. But wouldn't it also be awesome if there was an affordable ticket to this event, so that even more non-developers could go? With a bigger crowd, developers could also meet with early adopters at the same time. Also, more tickets could allow more VCs to attend as networking. I doubt those folks are on the ball enough to get tickets in a two minute window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.