Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple started running a new iPhone ad this evening called "Photos Every Day". The ad is a departure from recent iPhone advertising, focusing on people actually using the phone, rather than just the phone itself.

In a series of colorful shots, the iPhone is used to take photos and videos on a hike, a run, at the beach, on a walk, and more. The spot shows users editing their photos and using the iPhone's panorama feature, as well as its LED flash.
Every day, more photos are taken with the iPhone than any other camera.
The ad finishes with the above quote, likely referring to statistics from Flickr that show the iPhone as the most popular camera on the service. Three of the top four most popular cameras on Flickr are iPhones and Apple has put a lot of effort into improving the camera in the iPhone over its past few iterations.

Apple's most recent iPhone ad campaign used a series of words flashing across the screen to showcase a number of different iOS apps.

Article Link: Apple Runs New Ad Focusing on the iPhone's Camera

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I've been pleased with my iPhone 5's camera.

One editing app, Afterlight, to fix what isn't right.

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I miss there old ads when they were really creative! This was just fair honestly.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
should've included the blurry and misty photos of the Samsung Galaxy S4 from Ars Technica's review:

2013-04-21-18.11.40-300x533.jpg
2013-04-21-22.36.18-300x533.jpg

Lambros

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I just stopped looking forward to WWDC...highly doubting anything interesting will come if they are still creating new iPhone 5 advertisements.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great camera. But they don't commonly advertise their products this close to a new placement.

StealthGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Very well made ad except the message just plain sucks

More work is done on PCs than any other computer. Guess that makes them better? No. Tell us why we should be one of those people taking pictures with the iPhone.

Last edited:

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I just stopped looking forward to WWDC...highly doubting anything interesting will come if they are still creating new iPhone 5 advertisements.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great camera. But they don't commonly advertise their products this close to a new placement.

How can you expect Apple to release a new iPhone just 8 months after the iPhone 5?

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Well its the truth. The only camera really superior to the iPhone's is the 808 PureView...even to date.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
This ad is fantastic. Apple is the only technology company that I know of that can tie emotion to its products.

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
I really like this one, apple should stick with this sort of campaign.

caliguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Very well made ad except the message just plain sucks

More work is done on PCs than any other computer. Guess that makes them better? No. Tell us why we should be one of those people taking pictures with the iPhone.

Sort've agree with you here. The ad was beautifully shot and pieced together, but the message at the end lacked the sentiment of the ad.

ccmovies

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
Boston
I really liked it until the narrator started speaking. It would have been great to just end it with the Apple logo and no voice over.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
I liked this advertisement a lot. It is so much better than the quickly flashing words, followed by a shouted word advertisements.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
So you're going to compare a phone released half a year ago to one released a few weeks ago? In that case...

Yes, because the camera of a phone released half a year ago by the doomed and un-innovative Apple is still better than the camera of the new shiny Jesus phone from the almighty Samsung.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009

They never once mentioned iPhone 5. Just iPhone. They also focused on the photos and people so much more than the device that I wouldn't be too worried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.