Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
lfielder06 said:
Here is Jack. He is a boston terrier and about 4 months old.

100_0936.jpg

I cant get over how big his ears are!!! :D (Thats not a bad thing... I love dogs with big ears :) )

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
Here are some pictures of our rather old Rhodesian Ridgeback. The images are clickable, which means that you can get them in higher resolutions if you are interested in. For more informations concerning Rhodesian Ridgebacks, read the Wikipedia entry.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Very nice looking pictures maradong. What is the name of your Rhodesian Ridgeback? What age?

I love dogs, they are just like family. I'm impressed at how well the dog allowed the pictures to be taken. Mine are scared of a camera and try to hide away and shake.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
here is Bea :D she is a beagle who is almost a year old...(we have the same birthday lol)
that is my little brother sittin there also but i love this pic of Bea

Attachments

• Eric and Bea.jpg
    Eric and Bea.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 131

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
neildmitchell said:
OMFG! Not mine, but my firends sisters cat ....
It KNEW if you were a man, would constanty follow me around, purr, rub my legs, then roll on the ground moaning. The cat would only stop screaming if a man was inside, then go through the who song and dance routine starting with following you. Now that I think about it, it was kinda like having an Anna Nicole around.
23956760_fa2e43b692.jpg

LMFAO!!!!!OMG! My cat Psyka (Pictured above) rolls all over everything moaning like crazy! Psyka constantly screams too, it's very funny, but gets annoying at 3 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep!!!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
LMFAO!!!!!OMG! My cat Psyka (Pictured above) rolls all over everything moaning like crazy! Psyka constantly screams too, it's very funny, but gets annoying at 3 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep!!!

My Maribella loves digging for China in her litter box at 2 or 3 in the morning. :eek:

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
This used to be my cat. He was great, except he had the bad habit of sleeping on my Powerbook all the time.

Attachments

• catpb.jpg
    catpb.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 207

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
livingfortoday said:
This used to be my cat. He was great, except he had the bad habit of sleeping on my Powerbook all the time.

Looks like a kitten in the picture. Must have been seeking the warmth and security that a mother would provide. Still cute. ;)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
OT: Katrina Disaster

With all of us pet lovers here, I just want to say that I am in tears right right now watching Dateline. Just finished watching the story of strangers trying to survive. One wa a guy that swan thru the much with his three dogs.

Even though my Chewey is with a new family, it brought back memories of what I would have done for him.

With that I wanted to post two links for relief agencies that are trying to help the four legged friends too:

http://www.noahswish.com/

http://www.petco.com/Content/Conten...&cm_pla=083005&cm_ite=katrina&CMReferringUrl=

With so many in need I know that it is hard to choose where to send your help. All I can say is that my sister and I have decided that we would not do travel this weekend that we planned on. And I have decided that eating out is no longer an option, with so many going hungry. That extra money saved will find its way to my choices of the Red Cross and Noah's Wish.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Vader said:
My Puppy that I just got on August 20!

Congrats!

Based on the picture they look like one that truly has found a home they can count on as their own.

Give the love and attention your pup deserves, and I promise you will get ten fold!

(An aside. Give your pup daily massages. It will help the two of you bond together. You should massage every part of their body. Focus on the paws, eras, and muzzle areas. This will make it easier for the vet and groomers to work with your pup).

The other big thing is getting your pup "socialized". This means taking them to stores like Petco or Petsmart - or the dog park (if you have one near you).

iSaint

macrumors 603
wrxguy said:
here is Bea :D she is a beagle who is almost a year old...(we have the same birthday lol)
that is my little brother sittin there also but i love this pic of Bea

We want to get my kids a dog for Christmas. We have an 11 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. I hear Beagles are good pets for kids, and I hear they aren't! Bea looks pretty relaxed there with your little brother. What's your opinion?

opusthe2nd

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2005
Thanks...that would be Pheobe. She is a 10 yr old Border Collie that takes a good picture. She is worthless as a cow dog.

Now Kate on the other hand, is the best cowdog I have ever had:

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 107

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Here's a two year old picture of our newest addition...Zelll.

Zelll was a local "Rescue". He had been injured by a (probably illegal) animal leg trap, and this pic was taken right after we adopted him, which was around a week after his leg amputation surgery:

zelll_window-l.jpg

His name comes from the town in Germany along the Mosel River, which is renown for its "Black Cat" Reisling wine...modified to 3 "L's"...one for each leg.

We've always kept our cats inside, but we do allow them to get some "fresh air" time out in our back yard (fully fenced in) on the weekend. Over the years, its gotten to the point where we've trusted them enough to not require constant supervision, but to just check up on them every ~15 minutes or so, to see if anyone wants to come in, etc.

We've never had a problem with it, until two weeks ago. Our 3 legged monster is the first cat who's learned how to climb up & over the 6ft tall fence and "escape". He knows he's not supposed to do it, but he's now grounded anyway...and boy is he royally miffed about it. Tough.

-hh

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
This is our dog Lucy, she's 3. Mix between Dachsund, Chihuahua and Jack Russell.

Sorry for the large pics, but this is my child. I am a proud papa.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 128
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.