Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I have a very weird problem with my iPod, looking to see if anyone else has experienced it.

Apparently it is capable of sensing when the headphones are removed from the jack and will automatically pause the iPod when that happens. My iPod seems to be hypersensitive in this regard, however, and anytime I push on the connection even slightly, my music stops and I have to hit play to keep listening. This was a minor problem for a while, which is why it's taken nearly 6 months to even bring it up.

It's gotten worse with the addition of a Griffin iTrip to my setup, however. I don't know if the iTrip made it worse or if it's merely the fact that my iPod now rests on my dashboard with a sticky pad, but every time I hit even a minor bump in the road, the iPod pauses, and I have to reach up and press play again. This happens upwards of 10-12 times per trip.

Is this something to take to the Apple Store, or do I just have to deal with it? Or, does someone know of a fix?

jW

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Is there a chance something is stuck down the headphone port? I had trouble putting my iPod in my dock for a while only to find a chunk of lint (dirt/fluff from pockets) in the dock connector part. It may need to be cleaned. :)

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
No, it all goes in fine, that's not part of the problem. I can snap it all the way into the port as far as either the headphones or the iTrip casing will allow, and it still does it.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.