Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook will be the opening night speaker at the 11th D: All Things Digital conference next month. Last year, Cook joined hosts Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg for a 100-minute session that covered a wide variety of topics.

tcook.jpg
There's lots to talk about, from the explosive growth of the mobile market to intense competition from a range of rivals, most especially Google's Android, as well as innovative offerings from Korea's Samsung. It will also be interesting to talk about the changes at Apple under Cook's leadership, who took over from the late co-founder and industry legend Steve Jobs, as well inquiring about what new products are in the pipeline and how the company is faring in an increasingly high-pressure market.
Tim Cook makes very few public appearances, but appears to be making the D Conference his preferred interview spot much like his predecessor Steve Jobs did. Jobs appeared on the D stage six times in nine years.

D11 will take place from May 28-30, 2013 at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

Article Link: Tim Cook to Headline D11: All Things Digital Conference Next Month

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Not sure why, but it's been quiet from Apple's corner recently so I'm getting anxious for some product releases. Unfortunately this won't be the forum for it. Hope we get some good insight on technology though.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
The anticipation that preceded the Apple CEO opening an event like this just isn't there anymore. Now, it's like 'eh'.

There is a part of me that would equally like to hear what Samsung has to say about the future. Of course, they're vilified on this forum but it's my thought nonetheless.

GQB

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
The anticipation that preceded the Apple CEO opening an event like this just isn't there anymore. Now, it's like 'eh'.

There is a part of me that would equally like to hear what Samsung has to say about the future. Of course, they're vilified on this forum but it's my thought nonetheless.

You're ****** kidding us, right?
Name anything Samsung has done that has ever been more than a modified 'me too'.
What Macintosh, iPod, iPhone or iPad have they every come up with?

Well, I guess you have a point with their brilliant roll-out presentations like Radio City of the Bollywood fiasco this week.

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
We Have Great Things in The Pipeline

He'll answer No questions with any substance and continue to say "We Have Great Things in The Pipeline.

It will be nothing more than a rehash of the earnings call.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
tcook.jpg

A fraction of a second later, Tim produced apparently magical sparks of electricity between his hands, powered by the new Apple iWatch hidden up his sleeve.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Seeing this

Does anybody know if it is possible to get tickets for events at D: All things digital, both the Tim Cook interview and other interviews? How does one do this?

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
As with all these events, many words will be spoken but not much information given.

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I actually have a request. Last year MacRumors had a guy there who asked a fairly self-serving question about what Tim Cook thought about sites like MacRumors. If MacRumors has somebody there again, could you please ask a question some of us care about, like if Apple is actually going to give their computing line (specifically the Mac Pro) the emphasis it deserves? Without content-creation, content-consumption devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iWatch won't have anything to entertain people with. Does Apple actually realize that laptops and iMacs don't cut it?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I actually have a request. Last year MacRumors had a guy there who asked a fairly self-serving question about what Tim Cook thought about sites like MacRumors. If MacRumors has somebody there again, could you please ask a question some of us care about, like if Apple is actually going to give their computing line (specifically the Mac Pro) the emphasis it deserves? Without content-creation, content-consumption devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iWatch won't have anything to entertain people with. Does Apple actually realize that laptops and iMacs don't cut it?

The answer to that would be " We have some exciting things in our pipeline for the pro user". And that would be it.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wish Tim would let someone else from Apple attend. He's just not interesting to listen to. I know when Steve was alive he was THE face of Apple but Tim isn't Steve and he doesn't need to be.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011

Unfortunately TC would probably reply with his usual rhetoric (see other people's posts for examples of these) :D

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009

You only need a Mac for the final part of developing an app. Everything else like unity and adobe apps run on any platform

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.