Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Probably my next phone. Coming to America Q2.

(More photos.)

CSC_0063_verge_super_wide.jpg

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
It is funny how much LG copies Samsung these days. Down to the theme of their Android Skin.

Much like Samsung and their earlier versions of Touchwiz and the S2 ripped iOS and the iPhone.

Hell even the front face has some of the same stylings as the Note 2. :eek:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
It is funny how much LG copies Samsung these days. Down to the theme of their Android Skin.

Much like Samsung and their earlier versions of Touchwiz and the S2 ripped iOS and the iPhone.

Hell even the front face has some of the same stylings as the Note 2. :eek:

I can't believe that is anything but the note 2. I see a lawsuit coming!

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
How/Why is this better than the Note 2?

Better is a matter of opinion. However, 1080p screen vs 720p, 13mp camera vs 8mp, slightly bigger battery and very slightly more powerful (and I mean slightly) processor. I'm sure there are other stuff, but that's what I noticed so far.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
As long as tech exists there will be people who think "more megapixels" and "more ghz" means a better product..
The number of mega-pixels by itself doesn't mean much. But one would hope that a jump from 8mp to 13mp would bring a larger/better sensor as well. I guess we'll see.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
IPS screen. (I prefer IPS over amoled.) 1080p screen makes for 400 ppi vs the Note's 720p/267 ppi. 13 MP camera should be better too.

The Optimus G now has two models. One with a 8MP camera and one with a 13 MP camera. I didnt see a big difference really but it takes good pics and i do like the phones. Just played around with them yesterday in Best Buy. They were 4.7 or 4.8" screens. Looking at them id say the one with the 13MP camera was slightly bigger. It was a bit wider.

Not sure why they made that one look like a Note 2. Even used the same physical home button.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
The Optimus G now has two models. One with a 8MP camera and one with a 13 MP camera. I didnt see a big difference really but it takes good pics and i do like the phones. Just played around with them yesterday in Best Buy. They were 4.7 or 4.8" screens. Looking at them id say the one with the 13MP camera was slightly bigger. It was a bit wider.

Not sure why they made that one look like a Note 2. Even used the same physical home button.

In fairness, LG has plenty of phones with a physical home button and two capacitive ones. The only reason this is Note copy is the screen size.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Hmm reminds me of something... :p

----------

In fairness, LG has plenty of phones with a physical home button and two capacitive ones. The only reason this is Note copy is the screen size.

Is that really the only reason?

CSC_0063_verge_super_wide.jpg
samsung-galaxy-note-2-hands-on-0.jpg

Ear speaker, notification LED, logo, home button are all in the same location and the shape of the phone is pretty much the same. Even the home button shape is just a flattened version of the note's.

In fact the software on the screen even looks like Touchwiz. The icons are almost identical and it has a button to access to the app drawer in the right hand position bottom right.

What the hell?

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
The bezel left and right seems smaller than on the note, it looks great.
But IPS display is a dealbreaker.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Hmm reminds me of something... :p

----------

Is that really the only reason?

ImageImage

Ear speaker, notification LED, logo, home button are all in the same location and the shape of the phone is pretty much the same. Even the home button shape is just a flattened version of the note's.

In fact the software on the screen even looks like Touchwiz. The icons are almost identical and it has a button to access to the app drawer in the right hand position bottom right.

What the hell?

The notification LED is a glowing home button. LG has been using that home button before the Note II was released. (But did they steal that home button look from an earlier Samsung device? I have no idea.) Also the backplate is a hard plastic with a sealed in battery.

Yes, it looks a great deal like the Note II. Absolutely. And this device most likely would not exist if the Note series had not been created and succeeded. But I also don't think it matters if this looks like a Note to be honest. Most phablets coming out this year will look like the Note.

As someone who has been wanting an IPS phablet, I'm really excited for this phone.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
The G Pro is officially coming to AT&T on May 10th. I'm planning on pre-ordering on the 3rd. This will be my first Android smartphone. I've been using an iPhone for 6 years now. (3G - 4 - 5.)

Anybody else interested in this phablet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.