Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altaprod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
California
Is there such a thing as a reminder that is triggered by bluetooth being turned on or off (connected or disconnected)?

My problem: When I turn off my car, I always forget to take my phone with me - it happens almost everyday.

Solution: When I turn off the car, thus bluetooth is disconnected a small sound or screen pops up on the iphone that says "don't forget me"

This seems so simple - Can anyone help me to do this? Maybe an app?

THANKS

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
In the desktop world, one writes (relatively) simple scripts for such tasks, I wish we could do that with IOS.

OTOH if this happens to you everyday and u can't re-program the phone, re-program YOU! Ask yourself what's distracting you when you arrive at your destination?

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Is your iPhone jailbroken? I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a jailbreak app for this. Otherwise, I only know of Android apps (Bluetooth Notify) that do what you're asking.

altaprod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
California
I haven't jailbroken and if this was the only reason too I probably won't. But it does make me curious about other cool things I might be missing out on with a jailbreak.

----------

Wow the Description of Bluetooth Notify is exactly what I'm looking for - I knew I couldn't be the only iPhone user who wanted this ability.

Here's the description for anyone else curious about "Bluetooth Notify" for Android:

This simple to use, light weight app with give you a customizable notification when a bluetooth device connects or disconnects from your phone. You can customize the notification to your liking, creating different notifications for connect and disconnect.
Every device paired to your phone can have its own profile!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.