Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

instagram-150x1501.png
Instagram today updated its iOS app to version 3.5, adding a feature called "Photos of You." The new functionality allows Instagram users to tag people in photos and introduces an additional Photos of You profile section where tagged photos are aggregated.

The tagging works similarly to Facebook tagging, but it is limited to the original photo taker, disallowing for third party tag suggestions. The new profile section will not be publicly visible until May 16, allowing users time to approve tagged photos and to adjust privacy settings. In addition to tagging people, Instagram users can also tag specific brands.

Instagram is a free app that can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Instagram Launches 'Photos of You' Feature, Lets Users Tag People

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
I'm surprised it took them this long to implement this. A majority of people write their friends usernames in the post when uploading the image anyway.

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
I'm surprised it took them this long to implement this. A majority of people write their friends usernames in the post when uploading the image anyway.

I'm with you. A long missing feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.