Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Am I the only one having issues with this app? Trying to open a photo to look at it takes ages and leaves the app unresponsive, and then trying to close the photo is the same deal. Anyway to fix this?

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
My friend and I have noticed this as well, we're both on iP5's. and it's only certain people's pictures, not all of them. The main one we're both having issues with is Tony Stark's pics. (If you haven't added him, you should, funny stuff) everyone else's seems fine.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Before the latest app update it was so annoying, I resorted to using Safari-only.
Post-update, it's improved, but it still pauses for a second or two, which is still totally irritating, as this should be lag-free.
I guess they're giving us a taste of how it's like for Android users.[/trolling]

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
Before the latest app update it was so annoying, I resorted to using Safari-only.
Post-update, it's improved, but it still pauses for a second or two, which is still totally irritating, as this should be lag-free.
I guess they're giving us a taste of how it's like for Android users.[/trolling]

A while ago, FB forced their employees to use Androids to see how much it sucked on Android phones.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
so people dont use other browsers such as chrome (i suppose facebook enters into this category too).

anyhow they give preferential treatment to safari.

Well, that's why they actually do it. But apple would never say that. What is their actual reasoning. ;)

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
People still use Facebook?

Nice try. But as much as you try to seem so superior that you don't use Facebook, it is a very prevalent form of communication.
And yes I believe it's a widespread issue that the app is slow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.