Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Can you believe this crap?!?!

"The Nano's capacity will turn off many experienced MP3 fans, but we have a feeling that newbies will flock to the next big thing and help maintain Apple's 74 percent U.S. market share for all digital audio players."

"The pricey Apple iPod Nano is thin, beautiful, and feature filled, but 2GB or 4GB may not be enough for many power users."

WHAT?!?!?!

I can hardly type without going into a fit of anger. A product this amazing is released and CNET bashes something they've never used with B.S. reasoning!

Excuse me, turn off experienced MP3 fans how?! I've been digital in my audio collection for 5 years now, and this is the most attractive product I have ever seen. Who in their right mind listens to 10, 20, or 60 GB of music in a week?!?! And if they do they have too much time on their hands! If you want a player to back up your entire library or for a long say month long trip or just to have with you at all times, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU GET A FLASH BASED PLAYER?

I mean maybe hell has frozen over and I haven't yet been made aware of it, but I always thought a flash based anything probably isn't ideal for backing up MASSIVE libraries that are Gigabytes upon Gigabytes!

Secondly, if you are a "power user", then why the HECK would you buy a FLASH based player?! WHAT?! If you are a power user, go buy a 20+ Gigabyte player, since it's obviously what you need! Show me an mp3 player this size for ANY power user!

Their comments on a product they haven't even seen or used are totally unmerited!

I'm sorry but reading that just proves how CNET is a tool of the devil (who's son is Bill Gates). How rediculously biased.

Can I get an Amen?

:mad:

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
When I saw this product my jaw dropped, but having said that I need at least 15 gigs for my collection so I will not be buying one, but on the other hand there are lots of people that would think 2 gigs is plenty of room.

And I hate how they say "but we have a feeling that newbies will flock to the next big thing and help maintain Apple's 74 percent U.S. market share for all digital audio players." making all iPod users sound like retards. Hello C|net! The iPod is by far the best player out there and it is not only popular because it is trendy.

Amen kntgsp!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I don't see what the big deal is. I would bet that the majority of CNet's readers are considered "power users."

My music library is around 15GB. Although I like the size of nano, I wouldn't purchase it because it can't hold all of my music. I personally don't want to take the time to sort out which songs I would want on the nano, and which songs I can do without. I like to have ALL of my music in one place.

To me it's a legitimate complaint along with the other issues that have been raised in other posts (no firewire, formatted in fat32, expensive, etc.)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Any experienced MP3 user knows its pointless to carry all your music with you since you ain't never going to listen to it all. It is rather better to carry playlists in a MP3 player that is small as possible.

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
Was talking about the iPod line with my fraulein over dinner (yes, some guys have all the luck). Doesn't it seem like Jobs and Apple are now positioning people to have at least 3 iPods in their digital abode? You've got the biggies (20 gig and up) for the complete collection and these stay at home. Then you've got the nano nee mini for maybe a weeklong or weekend jaunt somewhere (when you don't want to haul the hoss). The Shuffle covers the day trips and workouts.

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
Lacero said:
Any experienced MP3 user knows its pointless to carry all your music with you since you ain't never going to listen to it all. It is rather better to carry playlists in a MP3 player that is small as possible.

CNET must be catering this column to all of those "power users" out there who need P4s to type 3 page documents, check accuweather, email Aunt Beau and Lil Johnny, etc.

My 2G 20GB doesn't leave the pad. I take my 4GB mini on the road. Drove to Wyoming with an iTrip in July, barely scratched the surface.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Lacero said:

I disagree. It's not a matter of listening to it ALL. It's a matter of listening to that one particular song whenever the mood strikes you.

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
I don't think the percieved lack of space stopped the ipod mini from being a top seller, and I doubt that it will hurt the ipod nano either, especially when you see just how amazing the thing looks!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
the devil? naw, full of horrible writers and morons most of the time? yeah thats more like it. seriously, what is a poweruser for an MP3 player?! :confused:

i gave up on them a long time ago, its better if you just ignore them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.