Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
They are great. Slim yet solid protection. Plus the designs are unique. Everyone should look into these. My favorite feature is the seam is almost invisible.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
How are the Twig fans doing? Anyone check out their new designs?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
FYI, Twig Case Co. is two years old - thanks in large part to the support we've gotten from MacRumors! For October we're putting all our iPhone 4/4s cases on sale! Use 'ThePaperCase' at checkout to get 25% off any iPhone 4/4s case!

If you're a iPhone 5/5s owner, 'YouAreSwell' is 20% off (we're temporarily sold out of Bamboo due to crazy demand, but will have them up again soon :)

If you've been looking for a wood, bamboo or even just something different, check us out - thanks MR!

http://www.twigcase.com/collections/iphone-4-4s-cases

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Just purchased a new Twig Case for my iPhone 5S. This will be my second. Can't wait.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Back in Stock

Hey all - letting you all know: After months of waiting, we have our iPhone 5/5s bamboo cases back in stock. It's long story of intrigue, industrial espionage, a broken waterwheel, and a mystery surrounding a haunted farmhouse.

I won't bore you.

In other news, we're working on some swell stuff, including non-Apple accessories, and I guess we'll look at doing an iPhone 6 case(s), if THAT IS EVEN REAL

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Any special offers (like before), this time for the 6 (it's real, and it's spectacular)?

Hey all - letting you all know: After months of waiting, we have our iPhone 5/5s bamboo cases back in stock. It's long story of intrigue, industrial espionage, a broken waterwheel, and a mystery surrounding a haunted farmhouse.

I won't bore you.

In other news, we're working on some swell stuff, including non-Apple accessories, and I guess we'll look at doing an iPhone 6 case(s), if THAT IS EVEN REAL

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Any special offers (like before), this time for the 6 (it's real, and it's spectacular)?

Good question. :) We may well do preorders for the iPhone 6 case, as there'd be no way we'd release anything without actually having production iPhones to test our cases. That would be crazy.

I'm sure we'll be loud about it when we're ready. ;)

EDIT: If you are at all interested, have a read about Twig on the Martha Stewart American Made Awards site.

http://www.marthastewart.com/americanmade/nominee/87994/style/twig-case-co.

And share if you're so inclined! We could use a big hug from Martha. :D

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Thanks!

(Shout it!)

Good question. :) We may well do preorders for the iPhone 6 case, as there'd be no way we'd release anything without actually having production iPhones to test our cases. That would be crazy.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Nice but two big problems. The charging port and headphone port opening are way too small. Can't use anything other than OEM headphones and lightning cable.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Can you produce a "paperback" in the chipmunk bongos design for me? For the 6 Plus?

EDIT: If you are at all interested, have a read about Twig on the Martha Stewart American Made Awards site.

http://www.marthastewart.com/americanmade/nominee/87994/style/twig-case-co.

And share if you're so inclined! We could use a big hug from Martha. :D

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Can you produce a "paperback" in the chipmunk bongos design for me? For the 6 Plus?

Currently no. D^:

In the future, maybe. :^D

Also, in regards to prev. poster our charge port and headphone jack is plenty big to use 3rd party stuff. If you're getting the 12v car adapter to a chunky lightning plug straight from our far east friends to a truck stop near you? Might not fit.

It's pretty easy to find one that does, though.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
So I've switched to the 6 (from the 6 Plus).

I would pre-order, seems like a great deal (except I'm stuck with the $40 shipping choice, to make sure the shipment crosses the border and gets to me fine). But.. I would like to continue with the awesome chipmunks on bongos design. Or, I could try a Paperback with the same. Any updates?

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
And.. received.

The new overall design is awesome. I was afraid that I would miss the all-around 'wood' feeling from before (so solid) but the new, grippy "thermoplastic polyurethane and silicone bonded together" and backed by the design I chose, is perfect. It doesn't add anymore bulk that the other cases I have been using, and the black offsets the white/gold-ring front of my phone really well.

It's the best of both worlds: a 'wood' (paper/richlite hard case backing), with a hard plastic/rubber edge. You can set the phone front-down without worry since the lip is just slightly raised. And then you get to admire the engraved backing.

I've had a few twigcases before and loved them, but the buttons were an issue. That's completely solved now since they are part of the case. I recommend the 6/6 plus cases highly.

http://www.twigcase.com/collections/iphone-6-6-plus-cases?page=1

(Plus since I "pre" ordered forever ago so they threw in a little something extra.)

Thanks, Jon et al.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
And.. received.

The new overall design is awesome. I was afraid that I would miss the all-around 'wood' feeling from before (so solid) but the new, grippy "thermoplastic polyurethane and silicone bonded together" and backed by the design I chose, is perfect. It doesn't add anymore bulk that the other cases I have been using, and the black offsets the white/gold-ring front of my phone really well.

It's the best of both worlds: a 'wood' (paper/richlite hard case backing), with a hard plastic/rubber edge. You can set the phone front-down without worry since the lip is just slightly raised. And then you get to admire the engraved backing.

I've had a few twigcases before and loved them, but the buttons were an issue. That's completely solved now since they are part of the case. I recommend the 6/6 plus cases highly.

http://www.twigcase.com/collections/iphone-6-6-plus-cases?page=1

(Plus since I "pre" ordered forever ago so they threw in a little something extra.)

Thanks, Jon et al.

Pics please or it didn't happen. :D

amporas

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2015
So how well are these cases holding up? They're really cute and I LOVE the look of them but I'm nervous they might be easily scratched when I put my phone case-back-down on the table.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.